VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question

Do anyone know how long kit will be to get a decision when your appeal is ready to be rated? I started it in 2016 the same year I got out.  Their has been several suspense date but every time I call my suspense date changes to another 30 days. Does this means its getting closer? its only been two years.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately Kelly we cannot answer that question.  Some claims take months, some take years.  This is why some of us call this the hamster wheel.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

It really is difficult to say. Like Vetquest indicates, I personally have had appeals range from two months to two years.

A VA suspense date is much like a reminder for the person working your claim. "Yup, it is still in my inbox. Pushing it out for another 30 days." It is normal for them to get pushed out for another 30 days again and again.

A few years back, the appeals backlog was low, but new claims workload was high. The VA put resources into initial claims to get the average wait times to 125 days or less. However, haste can introduce errors. As a result, the new claims workload dropped and the appeals backlog increased.

Hi Kelly, welcome to Hadit!  If there ever is a time for patience the time is now.

But do not worry...it will be done when it is done.

In the meantime, Hadit is the best place for support and knowledge.