VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is this new claim or not rated for 8 yrs

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Haven’t been here in 7 yrs and this forum has changed so I hope I have this in the right area.

From 2006 - 2009 I had many claims, nods, dro hearings etc.  in 2009 I submitted  additional  information and a new claim.  In 2010  I received 100% P&T  with TDIU denied because I had secular (95%) on my claims.   Happy as a pig in slop so I forgot about this claim until yesterday when I decided to see if I could  get  SMC.  I found the claim that I filed 2009 (date stamped ) and I can’t remember or find a decision on these issues.  In the DRO decision of 2010 this communication is not mentioned, rated or denied. 

So do I have to reapply and ask for effective date of 2009 based on this open claim.  Or do I file something else saying I’ve been waiting 9 years for a decision.

It gets complicated had i gotten TDIU when asked for in 2007and this claim had been rated I should have gotten SMC in 2010 when one single claim was rated at 70%.

How do I handle this issue.

Thanks for any help.

Ruby

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I think you should go over the SMC info in the SMC forum Ruby-

It regards TDIU based on one single SC or 100% based on one SC ,  and then, either proof of being  housebound due to the SC, or an additional SC rated at least at 60% = SMC S

Do you have your C file?

We would need to see the  decisions to really be able to opine on this.

If you could scan them ( cover C file #, name, prior to scanning) and attach them here ,we could help more.

Thanks  Berta, 

I’ll look in that area.  I will also get an updated c file.

Ruby

Edited by ruby
Left out