VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits claim is complete, yet Rated Disabilities is showing "not service connected"

Rate this question

Jeromy

Question

I don't know if I am being impatient, but here is my situation.  My claim in eBenefits shows closed and complete as of 12 July 2018.  Under my "Disabilities" section it shows that my current service connected percentage didn't change and the list of disabilities does show all the  items I claimed from this current closed/complete claim states, "not service connected."  Is it too early to freak out and to let the system catch up and wait for the formal benefits letter stating what the real deal is or should I just start getting my appeal ducks lined up as all my claim was canned?  Anyone ran into this same situation and assumed the worst and was right based on this same scenario?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Have you obtained the results of the C & Ps they gave?

Did you attend all the C & P exams?

Having a result from a C & P exam can give a good heads up as to what to expect and whether you will need an IMO/IME.

Best to wait for the actual decision, to see if uour ebenefits info was correct and to see what you can do next-

And I suggest you definitely get your ducks in a row and arm them with Evidence.

4 minutes ago, Berta said:

Have you obtained the results of the C & Ps they gave?

Did you attend all the C & P exams?

Having a result from a C & P exam can give a good heads up as to what to expect and whether you will need an IMO/IME.

Best to wait for the actual decision, to see if uour ebenefits info was correct and to see what you can do next-

And I suggest you definitely get your ducks in a row and arm them with Evidence.

I have copies of the C&P's and attended all the exam.  The one that throws me off is my hearing, in the exam notes it states by the audiologist, "

"Therefore, it is my opinion, that it is as least as likely as not that the hearing loss found upon examination and the tinnitus reported during today's examination, are related to the noise exposures as associated with his MOS and his combat service, and as demonstrated by the bilateral STS's across all frequencies."

I am already service connected for tinnitus, yet my eBenefts says, hearing loss, NOT SERVICE CONNECTED....

The orthopedic docs wrote in my exams at my already service connected knee has (severe arthritis or moderate/severe) plus a meniscus tear, I am 10% for mild arthritis only from 2006.  C&P complie  Ebenefits still shows no change and moderate is 20% and severe is 30%