VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&T MH

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

I am posting this to encourage other vets. I was just awarded P&T 100 IU for Mental Health. I have been told you will not get P&T for Mental Health. I have also been told due to my recent graduation of Voc Rehab prior to my IU claim, which I submitted due to receiving a Feasibility Letter upon graduation, that I would most likely be denied IU. Do not let anything stop you if you cannot maintain feasibility. Apply especially if you receive a Feasiblity Letter from Voc Rehab. I want to thank Gastone from this site. Hadit.com has been a tremendous blessing. Bless all. I am going to enjoy finally owning a home. 

• HadIt.com Elder

This is good Ddsr..

I  am guilty of saying I don't think you would be approved for the IU If your able to sit in a class room and get a degree....from now on I will keep my mouth shut about telling veterans that.

However the 100% P&T Is better than getting the IU.  (JMO)

and I sincerely send you my apology to you

I am glad to hear you was Awarded the 100%P&T and you came back and posted this.

5 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

This is good Ddsr..

I  am guilty of saying I don't think you would be approved for the IU If your able to sit in a class room and get a degree....from now on I will keep my mouth shut about telling veterans that.

However the 100% P&T Is better than getting the IU.  (JMO)

and I sincerely send you my apology to you

I am glad to hear you was Awarded the 100%P&T and you came back and posted this.

Thank You for the blessings Buck. Lets just say the Power of the Voc Rehab Feasibility Letter along with good DBQ and employment problems is golden. It does not matter in my opinion what education age etc. etc. one is. Also Mental Health IU does not mean one will be believed to improve as my award has proven that. Many Veterans believe this as well. Bless all and I will continue to fight on for my fellow veterans to never give up if you struggle with mental health issues. Put in that claim, and for goodness sakes get a Vocational Rehab Opinon. THAT IS GOLDEN ALWAYS!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Ddsr, congratulations!

If you have not already, you may want to explore SSDI.

Additionally, check out Voc Rehab's Independent Living Program.

15 minutes ago, Vync said:

@Ddsr, congratulations!

If you have not already, you may want to explore SSDI.

Additionally, check out Voc Rehab's Independent Living Program.

Man im already on everything. SSDI approved 3 months ago. My son also gets paid from ssdi claim. So now I am 100 PT and SSDI. Doing very well financially now.

@Ddsr - Congratulations - I think I replied to your earlier postings -

Award IU - same month I graduated from Voc Rehab - My Psychologist had written a note somewhere he thought it best I concentrate on therapy vs work - I worked 43 years straight before applying for SSDI - my draw is bigger than most, but less than full SS.  ( I had 2 AAS degrees before the B.S. degree) also P & T - without even asking for it...so yes it can be done! 

I am also grateful for "Concurrent" pay - which started in 2004 where you can keep the Navy Retirement (USN 1975-1997) and the VA disability.... 

Blessings all around.