VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I've been denied Social Security Disability after my appeal. What should I do?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

I think they denied me because I don't have a voc rehab letter saying I'm unemployable. I was working as a security guard where all I had to do was sitting, walking a little, opening and closing doors for contractors doing construction. I figure their can't be a more simple job that that, but I had to quit because of the work environment. I don't want to try voc rehab because I don't see the point in it. I'm not wanting to go back to college and couldn't handle it and I'm unable to do physical labor or simply standing too long or sitting up too long. They gave me 60 days to appeal to the ALJ, but I'm not sure if I want to continue this. What should I do?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was easily approved by medical reasons, search the criteria from SS on how they look at your "disability". That is how I applied and at  age 56 won in 2 months. I was told on my exam for the application that I would be awarded due to extensive work history and my medical reason. 

L, I'm happy to hear about your success with your claim for ssdi.  I applied the day after I had to retire early from my job because of all my illness.  I'm 58 and my illness is well documented and my doctor even said I need to retire because my job will only make my condition worse.   I filed the end of June and hope I have a decision by the end of Aug.  Keep fighting K!