VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AM I BEING BADMOUTHED BY AN ATTORNEY?

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

The last attorney I had refused to answer or return my phone calls.

She made a decision, without informing me, to withdraw two appeals via her "contact" at the St Petersburg VA Regional Office that I had submitted for hearing loss and tinnitus 

I revoked her legal representation.

This attorney refuses to waive the legal fees.

I have tried, without success, to obtain new legal representation by other law firms.

Once I send the law firm the letter they request showing where I released my former attorney, usually in a day or two, I get contacted informing me they will not be able to take my appeals.

One attorney told me he was going to call and speak with my former attorney before he took my case.

After their discussion, he declined to represent me.

I have asked other law firms why they refused to take my appeals, and the standard response is, "We are declining representation and by our actions of refusal of representation does not indicate that your appeals are without merit.."

Edited by 63Charlie

In my humble opinion, If this Julie refuses to waive her legal fees you are sunk.  No other lawyer that I know of would take a vet's case pro bono.  I think some lawyers are not good people.

You propose that if I hire a new attorney, that this attorney will have to work for free unless this former attorney waives legal fees?

• HadIt.com Elder

A lot of it depends on how much time and work she or her office personal put into your claim??

, you should have check with her when you found out she never filed on these claims you requested (hearing loss and tinnitus) and ask her why she fail to file on them?

she may have had a plan on working your claims separate or something like that?..we don't know what all is going on...

I was thinking Julie Glover was a Reputable Attorney  B/C  Member broncovet has used her services and seem to like her  but I don't think he uses her now  not sure why? he has Attorney Chris Attig helping him now. as I understand.

you may try to get back on her good side and apologize to her and say you were wrong  having her revoked..its hard to revoke an attorney anyway  it can be done  but with in reason and it takes a long time for the revoke to go through. it could take a year or two..so for this reason you really need to get back into her good grace. jmo

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Sailorman

Other  Reputable Rep's won't represent him if he has hired an attorney  this includes VSO's  and other Rep's

Revoking a certified VA Attorney is not eazy / He might get lucky and find one that will but will probably be a dud.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a lawyer work on a claim of mine for about 7 years.  I lost every step of the way and lost at the Court of Vet Appeals.   I don't know if my lawyer ever got paid but I did not pay him.  I would have gladly if he had won my case all or in part. I am sure that when your lawyer told the other lawyers that you stopped her from getting paid that was the kiss of death among that group of kind hearted folk.  Lawyers and VA reps never helped me much and actually hurt one of my claims.  Did you ever get any sort of award through her representation for anything?  My feeling about most of them is if they can't make a quick buck they are not interested.