VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Submitting additional claim while increase claim is in Preparation for Decision?

Rate this question

75HotelCalifornia

Question

I currently suffer from PTSD and am rated at 70%. I also have sleep apnae and had a CPAP piror in the past. I am looking for those medical records to submit, but I wanted to know that if I do submit another claim will it elongate the decision for my increase claim? My current increase has been Preparation for Decision since 07/11/2018. 

If I submit another claim for sleep apnae will they hold closing or deciding the other claim until the next claim is decided?  I want to submit some additional claims for sleep apnea and my teeth, I wasn't sure if that would cause a massive delay if I did.

Thank you

J

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

In my case the VA worked each issue separately, but these were new claims, not appeals. I filed for a few conditions, had C&P exams, and then received a letter awarding some, but deferring others. Later, the VA caught up with the others and finished them up.