VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E.E.D. Question?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What would be the EED Here 

Example

Veteran WAS RATED 50% & filed for increase 1999... Had DRO HEARING  & was awarded the increase to TDIU P&T in Feb 2003.

DRO Mention that this veteran was paid retro back to the 1999 date of when he first filed for increase The adjustment from the 50% to the IU 100%RATE

Now for the 20 year protection rule since they paid him back to the 1999 date for the IU what would be the date for his 20 Year Protection Rule?   the 1999 date when they paid him back to that date  or the 2003 date he was adjudicated the IU?

Anybody know?

Thanks.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I believe the 20 year protection calculation should begin in 1999 and complete in 2019. They paid him IU back to 1999 and that should be sufficient.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thats what I was thinking Vync  but some say its the date from the Award letter.

I can't find any exact information I need on this  I get conflicting information.

btw

This Veteran is me...

Anybody else?   if you know please post or reply back.

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet

So in my case  it would be the 1999 date? the year I filed for increase and got paid back to that date   well the difference from 50% to 100%

The date of the decision was 2003.  IF ITS THE 1999 DATE  THEN NEXT YEAR IS MY 20 TH YEAR  

Hotdamn yahoooooooooooooo

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I agree with @broncovet My initial claims were filed in 1995, but awarded on appeal in 2000. My effective date was 1995 which meant my 20 year protection was effective in 2015.

The "effective date" is the "effective date your benefits start" and its also the effective date concerning your protections.  Forget bout the date of decision.  Use the decisions "effective date".