VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Pain for Compensation

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

A  Veteran I am helping out with his claim's Recent

I read his award letter Back in Feb 2018 and they rated him 10% for pain!

they call it

''Patellofemoral pain syndrome''. ..his is pain  is in both knees but they only rated his right knee.  & the other  left knee at 0%

So if you been rated for a disability...say arthritics or DJD and you are Service Connected for it and get a lower rating % such as 10%...you should be able  to or meet the criteria for rating of the pain that disability causes. it maybe a low 10% but those 10%add up. 

if you use a VSO have him/her to check on that for you.

I know I read some where (can't remember) but the VA is Now rating our pain for compensation.

• HadIt.com Elder
13 hours ago, john999 said:

What kills me is the VA has treated me for chronic pain in my lower back left shoulder, hands and feet.  They have treated me with opiates including morphine, methadone,  Oxycodone and Fentanyl  patches.  The pain is officially related to diabetic neuropathy.   I get 10% for each foot and each hand.  If you your hands and feet hurt so bad you have to be on heavy narcotics how can pain not even really enter into my ratings.  I am rated for impairment for nerves that run through my feet and hands. No mention of pain or the consequences of pain.  All this pain is supposed to be a result of AO exposure but there is really little objective proof except me constantly complaining about it.  No doubt I have the pain but I don't think the VA really believes me after me being treated for pain since 2005.  

John

John999 and other members

Have you all tried the CBD Oil? for acute pain chronic pain?

they say it works better than any pain meds on the market.

I am not promoting this I've never used it.

but my spouse is trying at present for her chronic constant pain, her friend is 57 and has full blown MS and tingling in her arms and legs constant with pain  she tried the CBD OIL 750 in three days the tingling/pain went away,  she ran out of samples of this oil and the tingling pain came back over night, she recieve new shipment of this CBD OIL and just two drops under the tongue is all it takes...take about 2 or 3 days to take effect.

https://greenoilbenefits.com/?3dba6dc2224a8a781801bac2dbc1f8a0#

Edited by Buck52

I feel that most veterans ( myself included) could claim pain for our back injuries, neck injuries, knee injuries, etc.... I know my medical records are full of what is your pain level today ? and it has never been below 4 but more often over 10.  I am rated for a back injury at 60% with sciatic nerve damage and drop foot. I am also rated 10% for torn meniscus and arthritis in the knee. I was always told that these awards take into consideration that pain exist... now we are told that isn't true... that we should be compensated for pain separately which I have always argued. Factually, anyone could claim pain,  unfortunately some who don't have any real pain issues will always try to get a claim approved  since there is no way that a doctor can prove that pain does not exist. If your medical records are full of complaints that is the only proof that pain exist and a case should be stronger if your records show years of prescriptions for pain. I am considering such a claim for my back and knees but to put such a claim together isn't an easy thing because we don't have any idea what would the ratings for pain be since they is no consideration of pain in the ratings guidelines. 

Interesting. I'm about to file a claim for Lumbago (lower back pain) and Lumbar Radicular Syndrome (pain from radiculopathy).

I'm already 20% for DDD of L3-L4, and 10% each leg for radiculopathy. Plus 100% Panic Disorder and 10% tinnitus. If I get 10% for each of what I'm about to claim, it'll put me at 100% + 60%.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think they would send most  veterans to an exam and check the inflammation and swelling/irritation by X-Ray/ MRI's and by visually looking and feeling/ smashing ...   or ROM  And if they ask the Veteran for   pain level  from1-10  10 being the higher level of pain  like they  do now  the X-RAY & MRI's would reveal a pretty good picture of the pain  if theses are negative then look to be denied.

JMO

• HadIt.com Elder
1 minute ago, bleggett29 said:

Interesting. I'm about to file a claim for Lumbago (lower back pain) and Lumbar Radicular Syndrome (pain from radiculopathy).

I'm already 20% for DDD of L3-L4, and 10% each leg for radiculopathy. Plus 100% Panic Disorder and 10% tinnitus. If I get 10% for each of what I'm about to claim, it'll put me at 100% + 60%.

you will need a 100% sc condition and a separate s.c. condition at 60%  for SMC.. the combined conditions will not get SMC.

• HadIt.com Elder

You know if they rate you for Chronic Pain Disorder they treat that as if it is a mental disorder.  They lump it in with depression.  I can tell you I may be depressed but it is because the things I used to do are just too painful for me now.