VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DBQ optional or not

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

recently my spousie asked her psyc dr at the VAMC  in temple tx,   if she would write a DBQ for her, regarding her long time depression illness,   the Dr informed her that she writes DBQs for nobody.   I would like to  know if it is part of a Doctors job description to write DBQs for the veterans they care for. We have received letters from the VA that seem to indicate that it should be no problem getting a DBQ . Why the Dr doesnt want to write one is interesting, maybe she doesnt want to get involved in the claims process.  The primary care doc that my wife sees wrote a wonderful letter for her, but she is not a psychiatrist and that is mandatory for a mental illness claim. 

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

we actually went talk to the patient advocate " directors gatekeeper" and he told us to go upstairs to C&P office on 6th floor and ask somebody. so we asked and the clerk said somebody would call us. later that day we a call from a super in the C&P office and were told to call the regional office and ask for a Dav Or VFW service officer..  I almost hit the floor laughing..

At this point we really dont want a DBQ from a doctor that doesnt want to do one, but it would be nice to disgrace someone who is supposed to be " honored to serve this nations best and bravest".

I will continue to do research for regulations regarding this situation, and if the DRs are indeed supposed to write DBQs for veterans, I will post the DRs name, so future patientsw will know they are being seen by a dr who is there just for a paycheck, and to send funds back to pakistan to take care of thier  grandpas yak.

a change of doctors, a formal written complaint, CCd  to uncle donald and the sec of VA , whoever that is this week,  and booger on thier desk may be in order.  we cant force the doctors to do thier jobs, but we sure can wreak hell and havok on them.  if nobody raises hell and makes waves, then they keep doing bad things to good people.

In case they havent noticed, folks are losing jobs at the VA for being cockroaches. Doctors, to janitors.

you know the DBQ  debacle seems like another program of illusion created by the VA.  They say,, ohh, we help the veterans get compensation,  we even have a standard form in our system  that the veterans docs at the VA can fill out for them, to assist them, yes were here to help..see, look at the form...  but

this is a lie,  they arent making the doctors fill them out.

I can just picture in my mind, someone at the regional office having a veterans claim all wrapped up in pretty paper with a brilliantly devised plan to deny them, all of the creative writing has come to fruition and  everyone in the office has given them cudos for thier ingenious little creation, then here comes the veteran with favorable evidence from the VA, that changes the outcome of the claim, and they have to go shake to piggy bank to pay the veteran.  Do you think that the "offending" doctor might get a call of admonishment from the regional office?   Me tinks so.  Most veterans dont realize that the doctors at the VA and comp and pension folks at thier regional offices communicate regularly.  sometimes the snake that bites you is sitting right in front of you.

spell

Edited by 63SIERRA
spel

they are trying to circumvent me making a formal complaint.. they are investigating.. stay tuned. we, ll be right back Folks!!

Ok after getting passed around the   the phone system for half an hour, I came right back where I started, the chief of staffs office. They could not or would not tell me if it is, or isnt in the doctors job description to write DBQs for veterans.  I  was told to research  VHA DIRECTIVE 1134 DATED NOV 2016.