VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AMC holding my retropay hostage

Rate this question

brandino

Question

I filed for TDIU back in july of 2014 and was denied I went through the entire Appeals process and was granted TDIU

I also have on the appeal a REMAND for Special monthly compensation. The SMC stems from the VA doing botched eye surgery on me which has now effected my life forever (for the worst)

The BVA has since sent both issues to the AMC. TDIU was granted SMC is on remand.  

TDIU was granted this year July 12th. I have already received my packet and the SMC remand has already received a C&P exam and given me a docket number in the 50k range

The AMC has no call center and isn't under the jurisdiction of the BVA or pretty much anybody.

It has been 12 days and I have received no retro pay they haven't updated anything in my records stating I have been granted the TDIU 

I have called the Trump hotline multiple times. I have contacted the BVA (don't bother), the RO (nope) and my VSO (trying to be helpful?).

Basically from what ive ascertained from the 1000 number and the trump hotline is that the remand is holding my granted item hostage

I could be looking at anywhere from 7-17 months for my remand to be finished. What I find most peculiar is that apparently they cannot pay my backpay on my GRANTED TDIU until my REMANDED SMC is finished.

What is going on here?

Who knows about this stuff?

Why are they holding my backpay hostage?

Why was the call center to the AMC dissolved?

How is it possible for the AMC to hold my backpay hostage on a granted item due to a separate item being on remand

im incredibly perplexed and honestly really pissed that I could be waiting a year and a half for backpay on something that was already granted

i have a few questions about this same thing ... regarding after bva decision... i can attest that,,,if its a final decision without a remand that has nothing to do with grant and if your not retired and your not getting a pention and you do not owe any money to va and that the judge granted a percentage and an effective date.... 6 weeks wait... you can call whitehouse line and wait 6 weeks you should have.

• HadIt.com Elder

If this was just granted in July 2018  of this year...it may take a few more months for your retro  this take 3 signatures it takes time to figure out all this  and especially if you stand to be awarded SMC  you need to give it more time...

So if its just you alone 4 years if IU retro would be over 144.000.00 $$$ NOT COUNTING IF YOU GET SMC  TOO.  so this is maybe why its taking so long to get your retro  Less adjustments for what you already been paid.

50k range on docket is about 12 months out  just a guess

could be less or more.

Edited by Buck52