VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval to Preparation For Decision

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

just looked at e benefits this morning now my claim status went from "Pending Decision Approval" 9/16/18 to 1/17/19 to "Preparation For Decision" 12/12/18 to 12/1/19 my original claim started in 7/15/2016 is the VA that far behind in processing claims? 

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You did not tell us if this claim is at the RO or BVA.  Either way if your claim started in 2016 it is moving along pretty well.  And yes they are behind BVA can get you backed up several years if not a decade.

1 hour ago, vetquest said:

You did not tell us if this claim is at the RO or BVA.  Either way if your claim started in 2016 it is moving along pretty well.  And yes they are behind BVA can get you backed up several years if not a decade.

Well I assume it is at the RO not really sure I have been filing on my own, I had bad luck with using other organizations all they did was let me use their letter head and I had to make the calls on my own they would not even call all they would tell me is I know what you know they were nothing but a complete waste of time.  So I did allot on my own and I got 40% within 3 years except for my Malaria claim I'm going to have to get a lawyer for this one I was denied because I got sick in reserve status and could not show I was sick on active duty, but my records do show I have malaria, it's like the VA says I could have contracted malaria in portland oregon, LOL but thats another story for another time.

The only thing I was having trouble with is that my current claim was they pushed it out to the end of 2019 from Pending Decision Approval to Preparation For Decision so it went backwards.

18 hours ago, Rhodesia said:

my original claim started in 7/15/2016 is the VA that far behind in processing claims? 

They are much further behind my claim originated in 2008 just over 10 years ago... I have a BVA conference in April 2018 and I am still waiting for the decision.... everyone thinks their claim has been in the system the longest.. until you hear  about  another veteran claim.. and I would bet there are claims older than mine that haven't reached the BVA yet.....

On 7/25/2018 at 9:08 AM, Richard1954 said:

They are much further behind my claim originated in 2008 just over 10 years ago... I have a BVA conference in April 2018 and I am still waiting for the decision.... everyone thinks their claim has been in the system the longest.. until you hear  about  another veteran claim.. and I would bet there are claims older than mine that haven't reached the BVA yet.....

Sad part of all this is I have to forfeit my military retirement pay when I reach age 60 because I receive a VA disability of 40% the law says you have to receive 50% or more in order to retain your military retirement pay this also apply's to my TRiCare Prime because the VA is taking care of me so the only thing I get to keep is my grey ID card. kind of sucks in a way. funny thing when I went to my first C&P exam they had my medical records from when I was in the French Foreign Legion for 5 years. I was in the Marine Corps first then got out joined the Legion and then came home re joined the Marine Corps again. I guess they wanted to make sure I was not trying to use any injury's from the Legion and say they were caused by the Marine Corps, LOL I would not be surprised this is the reason why my claim is taking so long. Since yours started in 2008 have you have any movement? Mine is still stuck in Preparation For Decision that 1-800 number is a waste of time and also the Chat line on ebenfits as well, some of the people on there have been rude in the past. 

I am a retired Marine Corps vet.  I you are retired at 30% from the military I believe might be mistaken about your Tricare.  I have Tricare for life as a retired veteran at 30%, that is the magic number.  I hope your case moves along.

1 hour ago, vetquest said:

I am a retired Marine Corps vet.  I you are retired at 30% from the military I believe might be mistaken about your Tricare.  I have Tricare for life as a retired veteran at 30%, that is the magic number.  I hope your case moves along.

Yea but the retirement office told me that since I will reach age 60 I can't get my military retirement because it has to be over 50% I checked my DOD records and they show 40% they also told me until I get 50% or more then they will make the adjustment in DFAS pay system until then no $$$$$ form the Marine Corps.