VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP STATUS

Rate this question

FLCoyote

Question

I opted into RAMP on 22 May 2018.  To date nothing has been posted in ebenefits or vets.gov.  Almost every other veteran I contacted via blog, etc. said their status had been updated within two weeks of RAMP submission to show their legacy claim closed and RAMP opened.  The only thing I've managed to do is confirm that VA received the RAMP Opt-In on 22 May 2018, and that the Opt-In had not been processed or accepted yet.  My appeal is based on VA having made a mistake in applying existing law and I sent a copy of the CFR(law) with my appeal.  I talked with a former VA rating official (Doctor) that said they have no choice except to approve the appeal.  I did not call it a CUE (Clear Unmistakeable Error, but that's what it really was/is.  Its been 65 days since VA received the RAMP Opt-In and I would just like some indication about whats happening.  I sent in an on-line question and received a generic run around answer that didn't have any real information.  Can anyone advise me on why no status has been posted or how VA might handle an appeal when they clearly screwed up.  Did they send it back to the initial reviewer to rework instead of logging it into RAMP.  My VSO can't find out anything so far.  Thanks to anyone that can help me understand.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Patience.  65 days is 5 minutes to Va.  I have waited since 2002 for a successful resolution, and wont likely have a successful resolution until 2019 or later.  

If you wait another 60 days, then you may have something to complain about with Ramp, since many more Vets have opted into RAMP, they probably will take 120 days.  Mine has taken more than 120 months.  

On 7/26/2018 at 10:43 AM, broncovet said:

Patience.  65 days is 5 minutes to Va.  I have waited since 2002 for a successful resolution, and wont likely have a successful resolution until 2019 or later.  

If you wait another 60 days, then you may have something to complain about with Ramp, since many more Vets have opted into RAMP, they probably will take 120 days.  Mine has taken more than 120 months.  

Thanks for reply.  I agree that VA takes it time to process claims.  My question is:  Why no update at all?  As far as I can tell, just about everyone that opted-in to RAMP, got a status update within about two weeks.  From the one answer I did get from a phone call, VA did receive my RAMP on 22 May 2018 and hasn't accepted it into RAMP yet.  They haven't contacted me in any way except to send me two more Opt-in requests.  VA may have referred it back to the initial reviewer since they made an obvious mistake in turning it down.  I would just like to know what stage its in.  You are correct in stating that I'm impatient.  This has actually been going on since 2009, and has been denied twice citing incorrect regulations.  I did not call it a CUE (Clear Unmistakable Evidence) because that throws it into a whole different process for resolution.

The Rest of the story.  Patience wouldn't have been of any use in this situation.  I finally got in contact with a courteous and knowledgeable person at VA.  His exact comment when he pulled up my claim was "God, what a mess".  Claim was not in or headed for RAMP, there was no reason listed!  No one had touched the file since 2 July 2018, the case notes didn't make since and he couldn't tell who has worked on the claim so he could try to find out what was going on.  In effect, the claim had been ratholed and if I hadn't called, it would have stayed in the "Lie until they Die File".  This explains why I have received three more Opt-In letters from VA since Opting In.  The individual I talked with said he would run things down and get the claim back into the system.  I guess the 125 day clock hasn't started yet?  I'm going to wait one week and if no status or contact from VA, I'm going to call the Whitehouse hotline and file a Congressional request with my Congressman.  During my career I handled several Congressionals and found that they are far more effective than generally thought.  Any input/advice would be much appreciated?

FLCoyote 

10 hours ago, FLCoyote said:

Patience wouldn't have been of any use in this situation.  I finally got in contact with a courteous and knowledgeable person at VA.  His exact comment when he pulled up my claim was "God, what a mess". 

Your persistence is paying off. Good for you for not letting it just lay.

No one had touched the file since 2 July 2018, the case notes didn't make since and he couldn't tell who has worked on the claim so he could try to find out what was going on.

I certainly hope the system is not set up so that someone can work a file and no one knows who did it. That would be ridiculous. 

I'm going to wait one week and if no status or contact from VA, I'm going to call the Whitehouse hotline and file a Congressional request with my Congressman.

I would certainly stay after it. You should be getting some answers pronto or else.

We seem to be in the same boat. I sent my husbands opt in back in May. The VA can see where the RAMP form was received on May 10. But nothing else has happened I was told give it until June as it takes 30 days to get it entered. Well I waited called back June 13 still nothing so an IRIS was sent to the RO , a month later still nothing no response from the RO or anyone else. I called Monday the lady I spoke with said she was handing it off to her supervisor as she couldn't understand what was going on with it either. May I ask what RO you are with? We are with Nashville.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:47 AM, AprilNC said:

We seem to be in the same boat. I sent my husbands opt in back in May. The VA can see where the RAMP form was received on May 10. But nothing else has happened I was told give it until June as it takes 30 days to get it entered. Well I waited called back June 13 still nothing so an IRIS was sent to the RO , a month later still nothing no response from the RO or anyone else. I called Monday the lady I spoke with said she was handing it off to her supervisor as she couldn't understand what was going on with it either. May I ask what RO you are with? We are with Nashville.

My regional office is in Florida.  I've been receiving and answering Va Correspondence from Janesville, Wisconsin.  One IRIS I submitted came back and said my file was at Fort Harrison.  So the truth is I don't know who or where my claim is being handled.  My VSO called VA and told them I was on the verge of filing a congressional and I plan to do so at the beginning of next week if I don't get some firm status.  The reasons the initial claim was denied are invalid and I sent VA the published law concerning the claim.  I think that when they got my NOD and realized that the denial was in error that the file got misplaced.  I not saying that the claim has to be approved, just that there should be a valid reason.  Thank You for Your Comments.   FLCoyote