VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP STATUS

Rate this question

FLCoyote

Question

I opted into RAMP on 22 May 2018.  To date nothing has been posted in ebenefits or vets.gov.  Almost every other veteran I contacted via blog, etc. said their status had been updated within two weeks of RAMP submission to show their legacy claim closed and RAMP opened.  The only thing I've managed to do is confirm that VA received the RAMP Opt-In on 22 May 2018, and that the Opt-In had not been processed or accepted yet.  My appeal is based on VA having made a mistake in applying existing law and I sent a copy of the CFR(law) with my appeal.  I talked with a former VA rating official (Doctor) that said they have no choice except to approve the appeal.  I did not call it a CUE (Clear Unmistakeable Error, but that's what it really was/is.  Its been 65 days since VA received the RAMP Opt-In and I would just like some indication about whats happening.  I sent in an on-line question and received a generic run around answer that didn't have any real information.  Can anyone advise me on why no status has been posted or how VA might handle an appeal when they clearly screwed up.  Did they send it back to the initial reviewer to rework instead of logging it into RAMP.  My VSO can't find out anything so far.  Thanks to anyone that can help me understand.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On 8/6/2018 at 8:54 AM, FLCoyote said:

My regional office is in Florida.  I've been receiving and answering Va Correspondence from Janesville, Wisconsin.  One IRIS I submitted came back and said my file was at Fort Harrison.  So the truth is I don't know who or where my claim is being handled.  My VSO called VA and told them I was on the verge of filing a congressional and I plan to do so at the beginning of next week if I don't get some firm status.  The reasons the initial claim was denied are invalid and I sent VA the published law concerning the claim.  I think that when they got my NOD and realized that the denial was in error that the file got misplaced.  I not saying that the claim has to be approved, just that there should be a valid reason.  Thank You for Your Comments.   FLCoyote

I called back Monday spoke with yet another rep who told me my origininal iris was sent back with no answers because it didn’t supply the veterans information no ss# or claim# just his name. So another rep sent it again I have worked with our congress woman’s office before and they helped immensely I’m giving it a couple more days and doing the same. Best of luck to you 

On 7/26/2018 at 10:39 AM, FLCoyote said:

I opted into RAMP on 22 May 2018.  To date nothing has been posted in ebenefits or vets.gov.  Almost every other veteran I contacted via blog, etc. said their status had been updated within two weeks of RAMP submission to show their legacy claim closed and RAMP opened.  The only thing I've managed to do is confirm that VA received the RAMP Opt-In on 22 May 2018, and that the Opt-In had not been processed or accepted yet.  My appeal is based on VA having made a mistake in applying existing law and I sent a copy of the CFR(law) with my appeal.  I talked with a former VA rating official (Doctor) that said they have no choice except to approve the appeal.  I did not call it a CUE (Clear Unmistakeable Error, but that's what it really was/is.  Its been 65 days since VA received the RAMP Opt-In and I would just like some indication about whats happening.  I sent in an on-line question and received a generic run around answer that didn't have any real information.  Can anyone advise me on why no status has been posted or how VA might handle an appeal when they clearly screwed up.  Did they send it back to the initial reviewer to rework instead of logging it into RAMP.  My VSO can't find out anything so far.  Thanks to anyone that can help me understand.

After repeated follow up's by me and by my VSO I gave up.  My VSO called me last Thursday and said she had never had a case like this where no one in the VA knew anything except the RAMP opt-in had been received on 22 May 2018, with no further action taken.  She in effect has given up.  I was watching A VA Webinar last Thursday after hearing from my VSO.  During the webinar the participants stated that if you couldn't get help any other way to call the White House hotline at 855 948 2311 and request assistance.  I did just that and the individual that I reached was friendly, courteous and understanding.  He took a summary of my issue and assigned a case number.  the date for resolution is forecast for around 17 Oct 2018.  My VSO has been great and has tried very hard to get status on my claim.   Every time either my VSO or myself reached someone at VA, they said they would get it straightened out and a couple of weeks ago told my VSO that they would call me within a week.  Guess What?  No call.  I think my appeal reflected a Clear Unmistakable Error (CUE) and got sidelined so it wouldn't affect the RAMP 125 day goal for resolution.  Other than that I don't have any idea whats going on?