VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Could a mod or other put up a POLL?

I was wondering if a mod or other person running these forums could post a poll and ask

(no names or personal info, just answers)

Questions regarding claims:

1-Time as active without decision (years: less than 3 more than 3, more than 8, etc...)

2-years at local R.O, at BVA, etc. (breakdown to similar above, less than years, more than years..)

3-type of claim, extremities, internal, etc. (no mental claim questions)

Just would like a poll to get a general feel for what Vets are doing and how long... for claims.

Others chime in and what questions to add in poll.

Leave POll up for a good while.... so that many Vets can see it and not miss it...

Thanx !

Steven

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

retiredat44, This would be somewhat discouraging  don't you think?

Ms T bird would need to approve and put up the appeals wait time statistics  they maybe something on this here at hadit  .but it probably is impossible to do that being each veterans claims are different.

,In some of the post the veterans will mention how long it took them to win their claims and how long it was in appeals, depending on the claim and how well its presented to the VA  Each claim is going to be different.

To Avoid Appeals its best to have a well grounded claim so it can't be denied  but that's easy to say  but if a Veteran is denied and starts Appeals there is no way of knowing how long it will take to adjuicate that claim.

R.O Level is the fastest way to get claims decided.

if it goes to the BVA then it just depends on when they can get to it??...usually a 2 to 4 year wait on average &  the rest would just be speculation.

Edited by Buck52

There sort of already is a "poll" on wait times.  Its the BVA chairmans report which comes out once a year.  

They are available here: https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

From page 25:

It takes 500 days for VARO to complete SOC

The Veteran files the I9 in 37 days, 

Then the VARO sits on the claim 773 more days send it to the BVA  This is a 2.5 hour job, according to the federal circuit court. 

The claim takes another 321 days to be certified to the BVA.

It takes the Board another 347 days to adjuticate.

The most likely result is a remand, which takes 492 more days. 

If you add this up, someone said its a little over 5 years.  

The worst part of this is I am waiting on my 5th BVA decision, and its pretty much the same old same old stuff:  VA lowballing/denying  me on percentage, or hornswaggling the effective date, or not including SMC.  Right now, Im fighting the effective date (I applied in 2002, they finally awarded to 2004), and SMC S.  Even tho M21 Mr requires they adjuticate smc s whenever a single 100 percent is awarded, the VARO adjuticated SMP housebound instead, and has gotten away with that so far.  

Edited by broncovet

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Even tho M21 Mr requires they adjuticate smc s whenever a single 100 percent is awarded, the VARO adjuticated SMP housebound instead, and has gotten away with that so far.  

Broncovet, that sounds like a CUE if you have additional SCs ( 0r 1151s) at 60% or more.

That is like the SMC CUE I had, awarded in 2012.

The veteran ( my husband) was awarded posthumously 100% P & T for PTSD.

His 1151 stroke was rated at 100%. 100% SC plus 100% 1151= SMC S.

I used a copy of the SMC Mandate from the VBM from NVLSP and also M21-MR ...probably the same citations from M21 as you did.

I am assuming they do not pay you for the SMP housebound.

The mandate is here in this link and I posted it also in another link:

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:43 AM, Tbird said:

@retiredat44 You can create a poll yourself if you'd like. I put it on my calendar for next week. I'll try and do a video on how to create polls also for future reference.

I just thought with so many Vets coming here, and a POLL that was decent, but not digging into personal info, might enlighten us on a breakdown or snapshot of what makes the whole process go-round with injuries, illnesses, and the time it takes for the claims for different categories... it would have made the answering very easy and fast.. and a few of us still don't know percentages of the types of injuring people have to fight for the benefits, and the injuries that get through the process faster. Of course there are tons of facts to look up. It was only an idea. I would not have the info to write a decent poll. Yes, I have written polls.

I guess I didn't explain what I had in mind. I just wanted it very carefully thought out.