VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Depression

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Old 5311

I agree with you in general but even the Devil can quote scripture for his own purpose. The VA can and will use your medical records against you by combing through them to support a denial as well as supporting a claim. The VA used my psychiatrist to try and shoot down my claim for Peripheral Neuropathy because the shrink mentioned some old injuries I received while working at the Post Office. This was hearsay evidence but the VA just ate it up to deny.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VetWife Advocate
Depression is a odd thing, If you are really depressed or deeply depressed you cant do a dam thing. Supposedly to see a Psych Doc you have to wait for several months? Every Doc I see says I need antidepression drugs, the Last one was a Hepatoligist at the Local University Hospital! I asked him If he could go to my VA doc to get the Script there as it wont cost me more than copay? Va doc says I should not take this med because it can cause problems with sleep and I already have that problem! The Local psycholigist for the Transplant Team Psych chewed me out because the "jerk" I saw at the VA was incompetent and only wanted me to quit smoking! I dont smoke at all? The More I deal with the VA the worser I get. :( And they call me nutz? :( (true story)

Arch Sgt. USAF

Arch,

What was the name of the antidepress that was supposed to work against sleep? Joe is taking sequorel for sleep? and he not jumps all in his sleep, and it is getting worse. He also is on lexapro!1 Thanks, Brenda

Arch,

What was the name of the antidepress that was supposed to work against sleep? Joe is taking sequorel for sleep? and he not jumps all in his sleep, and it is getting worse. He also is on lexapro!1 Thanks, Brenda

Doc never mentioned the name of the drug? But I have Severe cardiac disease I am hoping to get some new type stents installed to help aleviate some weakness. I will have them done at the University Hospital because in their own words of the VA cardiology boys "they dont have anyone up to the challenge". :( The restriction on Artery bypass is that I would not survive the operation due to My diseased (cirrhossed) Liver and the stent they installed to lower my Variceal pressure to prevent me from bleeding to death. :( I cant sleep lying down due to all the pain in my shoulders and arms, so he is leery of anything which would stop me from sleeping further?

So with Diabetes IDDM now and Heart problems, Liver disease and Pain, Deaf in one ear with balance disorders. They "suspect" Im a bit depressed :( Actualy there amazed I havent given up yet...And Im going down swinging and hollerin :(

Arch Sgt. USAF

Old 5311

I agree with you in general but even the Devil can quote scripture for his own purpose. The VA can and will use your medical records against you by combing through them to support a denial as well as supporting a claim. The VA used my psychiatrist to try and shoot down my claim for Peripheral Neuropathy because the shrink mentioned some old injuries I received while working at the Post Office. This was hearsay evidence but the VA just ate it up to deny.

Yes your right, they kept me without Insulin for 3 days on a ward, Diabetics get nasty when blood sugars go high (300 +) Then they write in your record "patient is uncooperative and beligerent, threatened the Orderly" (Fat Albert came into room at 3AM singing and banging the wall to weigh me ) he wont do that again B)

Arch

You must keep seeing your doctors. The VA's rationale is: If you are ill you will be seeing a doctor. Therefore records are developed to support your claim.

You are correct. However in all my ability I cannot talk with these guys (Psychs),they are either nuttier than a Granola bar or they are Soooo far off base they are more damaging than usefull.

Arch

Guest VetWife Advocate
You are correct. However in all my ability I cannot talk with these guys (Psychs),they are either nuttier than a Granola bar or they are Soooo far off base they are more damaging than usefull.

Arch

Arch,

You are AMAZING!!! Keep up the good fight!! Arch, You have SSDI, don't you. Try an outside Psych.

Sleep is VITAL. Contributes to a lot of physical/emotional problems including depression. Important to find what will work with your other disabilities.

Glad you are at Hadit.

Brenda :(

Arch,

You are AMAZING!!! Keep up the good fight!! Arch, You have SSDI, don't you. Try an outside Psych.

Sleep is VITAL. Contributes to a lot of physical/emotional problems including depression. Important to find what will work with your other disabilities.

Glad you are at Hadit.

Good Idea, I have an appointment to ruin one psycholigists day on tuesday, thanks for the thought :(

Arch

Brenda :(

Yeah, It says "DieHard" accross my forehead, Ha Ha. :(

Good Idea, I will see if they take Medicare or not? You should meet some of these VA types. Wife will not even talk to the one in charge of the Liver group intake, now that's bad.

Arch

Edited by Arch