VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just awarded 90% on my VA claim! :) Question...

Rate this question

AFgal

Question

This may be a little premature since I am still waiting on the decision packet in the mail which should be today, but my GWI presumptive claim for fibromyalgia was just completed and eBenefits shows my packet as in the mail and my combined disability rating as 90%.

I was granted: 

tinnitus 10%

fibromyalgia 20%

insomnia disorder severe and chronic with nocturnal panic attacks, moderate and periodic (as a secondary to fibro) 70%   Note:  I think the panic attacks are part of diagnosed anxiety with adjustment disorder by Life Skills since mil service but didn't claim that as part of fibro, and the last time I tried in 2004 it was denied. I do wonder tho if I should file for that again now, but I only occasionally see a Dr for it and am not currently on meds either.

chronic migraines (as a secondary to fibro) 30%

I have been over the moon....and then started reading how the VA does reexaminations to try to reduce ones disability, and that took the air right out of my party balloons. My neighbor who just retired and gets 100% says to see if my packet says anything is total and permanent, but then just to make sure I keep going to my appointments regularly. Most examples I see in articles for T&P just mention blindness and missing limbs, what about incurable chronic conditions such as the fibromyalgia, and my records show the chronic insomnia in my records since military service 17 years ago. So I wonder how high on the radar I may be for reexaminations? I mostly keep seeing in articles that it's people with PTSD who keep getting reexamined.

Thoughts? How worried should I be?

Edited by AFgal

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is Great news AFgal (my daughter is a AF gal too).I was looking at photos of her graduation yesterday at Lackland- 1997- I saw a few Jackrabbits  and thought they were kangeroos!Texas is sure different from NY.She has her 20 year DOD pin as  she bought back her military time ( 7 years)  when she was hired by DOD.

Chapter 35 is wonderful-they paid for half of my AMU degree.

And CHAMPVA is too!

congratulations! a success story! there is hope!

49 minutes ago, Berta said:

This is Great news AFgal (my daughter is a AF gal too).I was looking at photos of her graduation yesterday at Lackland- 1997- I saw a few Jackrabbits  and thought they were kangeroos!Texas is sure different from NY.She has her 20 year DOD pin as  she bought back her military time ( 7 years)  when she was hired by DOD.

Chapter 35 is wonderful-they paid for half of my AMU degree.

And CHAMPVA is too!

Berta, I graduated basic on Halloween 1997. I did 4 years active duty as an SP. 

Edited by AFgal

Same year as my daughter- it was July I think when she graduated 1997-SO HOT!  and then went off to California , her Tech school there was 2 years long ( Intel) , she had put in for 6 years, and that was almost up but 9-11 happened,  and they put her into the Battle Command office within hours on 9-11 (NSA). and she re -upped for another year.

Thank you for your service!-I never say that enough to all veterans!

UPDATE:  My official notification arrived today. I read through the entire thing and it looks like everything was rated correctly. Also, nowhere in the rating decision information does it say anything about any of my 4 combined rating issues that a reexamination will take place at a future date. Perhaps it is just understood.