VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Have a question regarding an effective date

Rate this question

mcsanty

Question

I am 100% P&T for my back and hips Since November 2017

I appeal a claim for Anxiety back in 2015

I received the DRO decision from the records department, And it shows that my NOD from 2015 was granted that Day awarded me 100 percent for anxiety/depression, but I’m still Waiting for the reading desition.

It shows effective date May 19, 2015, the Question that I have for you is as follow. I had submitted an Informal claim for an increase back in 1997 ;for my back and hips Condition. With the claim, there were Nexuses . Where the doctor Diagnosed and Mention that my back and hips were worse than before, and that I was suffering from Anxiety and depression ,And I was not able to work, and that he prescribed me with medication. But on my claim I was not asking for Anxiety or depression I was approved ,granted 10% for my back and hips The Nexus needed to be translated Because it was in a different language but, I never heard back from the VA regarding this issue.

P.S DRO did mention the Nexsus from Dr.from 1997 that my anxiety started that year.

Can I still Fight to change the defective date,to 1997

this claim was submitted 7 months after my ETS 

Thank you

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Post the "reasons and bases" for your decision (especially what the decision said about the effective date).  

Your effective date will be the later of the "facts found" or date you filed the claim, with some exceptions.  

It sounds like you should file a nod and appeal the effective date, if you think its wrong.