VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

when the judge awards NEW SC THAT I DIDNT ASK FOR?

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

ok my point or question is,,, im used to claiming for a new service connection and then if denied or granted at the RO level i know what my next steps are and if its continued denied or not increased i know that i can take appeal all the way to the judge...

well in this instance,,, the board of veterans appeals judge granted me a new service connection based on evidence found in the hearing... im greatful but now if i want an increase do i appeal back to judge or is this treated as if RO Granted???? 

If they find a condition when they are doing a C&P, they can award it automatically if they want.  Dont appeal it, just apply for the increase. If there is no medical exam showing that an increase is justified in your file, you will not win an appeal. If there is, just ask for a reconsideration.

You can appeal any decision, if you appeal it timely.  You can also appeal the disability percentage granted, or the effective date.  

My suggestion is, if you got a decision that was favorable, but dispute the effective date, you appeal.