VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim just closed how long to update on ebenefits

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

On 8/13/2018 at 3:46 PM, adkins7b said:

I cant remember and curious what you guys have noticed lately

@adkins7b

I was 70% PTSD and 10% Tinnitus. rated in 2013.

VA ordered a C&P review done by QTC. It was on 8/16/2018.

8/20 Ebenefits status went to reviewing information

8/21 Preparation for Decision

8/22 Pending decision approval

8/22 Preparation for Notification

8/24 Completed Notification mailed.

EBenefits as of 6 p.m tonight under my Disabilities shows me 100%

Under the letters it shows me as P&T

right now I am waiting for the packet and or the new payment.

In theory if the VA cut the order for the check today it will actually be in the next months pay. Check requests sent to Treasury by Friday C.O.B. will process and can cut by the next Friday, in this case it would appear with normal monthly compensation.

Probably not, but I can hope.

another note on this and possible indicators on ebenefits.

As noted above I just found out today in Ebenefits that i got a 100% P&T, which of course has made me excited and anxious at the same time since Ebenefits is known to be a bit wonky on many issues.

While bopping around looking for more clues to support what I had already seen, I noticed in the Ebenefits VA letters section I now have a letter to gain access to the commissary.

IT says:

"

This is to certify XXXXX X XXXXX is an honorably discharged veteran of the Navy and is entitled to disability compensation at the 100 percent rate due to service-connected disability(ies).

This total disability is considered permanent. You are not scheduled for future examinations."

While TD/IU recipients can access the commissary their letter would logically seem to be worded differently.

Also I would suspect the other entries would show TD/IU.

I know I have to wait for the packet but this just seems to support that my award is scheduler instead of TD/IU

On 8/24/2018 at 9:39 PM, GeekySquid said:

@adkins7b

I was 70% PTSD and 10% Tinnitus. rated in 2013.

VA ordered a C&P review done by QTC. It was on 8/16/2018.

8/20 Ebenefits status went to reviewing information

8/21 Preparation for Decision

8/22 Pending decision approval

8/22 Preparation for Notification

8/24 Completed Notification mailed.

EBenefits as of 6 p.m tonight under my Disabilities shows me 100%

Under the letters it shows me as P&T

right now I am waiting for the packet and or the new payment.

In theory if the VA cut the order for the check today it will actually be in the next months pay. Check requests sent to Treasury by Friday C.O.B. will process and can cut by the next Friday, in this case it would appear with normal monthly compensation.

Probably not, but I can hope.

So the day yours closed on ebenefits your rating increase changed too. My appeal closed today and my rating remained the same so I guess my appeal was denied : no increase in rating. 

Adkins7B,

FYI, my ebenefits was updated as appeal complete. Historical Appeals lists it as closed. No updated SC's. The disabilities I was appealing were IC and GERD. I checked VA.gov and saw this:

Current Status

The Veterans Benefits Administration granted your appeal

The Veterans Benefits Administration agreed with you and decided to overturn the original decision. If this decision changes your disability rating or eligibility for VA benefits, you should see this change made in 1 to 2 months.

Learn more about the appeals process.
This appeal is now closed

The disabilities (two) they granted are: Stomach hernia and Bladder Injury (Not GERD or IC....but maybe their terms best fit the criteria?)

Anyway, neither of those two granted conditions are in my disability list on EBENE. Letters aren't updated either. So, while I know they have been granted...I wait for the letter or someone in ebenefits to update the system.

Good luck to you! Hope my timeline helps you. 🙂

1 hour ago, AFMedic09 said:

Adkins7B,

FYI, my ebenefits was updated as appeal complete. Historical Appeals lists it as closed. No updated SC's. The disabilities I was appealing were IC and GERD. I checked VA.gov and saw this:

Current Status

The Veterans Benefits Administration granted your appeal

The Veterans Benefits Administration agreed with you and decided to overturn the original decision. If this decision changes your disability rating or eligibility for VA benefits, you should see this change made in 1 to 2 months.

Learn more about the appeals process.
This appeal is now closed

The disabilities (two) they granted are: Stomach hernia and Bladder Injury (Not GERD or IC....but maybe their terms best fit the criteria?)

Anyway, neither of those two granted conditions are in my disability list on EBENE. Letters aren't updated either. So, while I know they have been granted...I wait for the letter or someone in ebenefits to update the system.

Good luck to you! Hope my timeline helps you. 🙂

Typically, GERD is rated analogous to a hiatal hernia under 38 C.F.R. 4.114 diagnostic code 7346. Ratings under diagnostic code 7346 range from 10 to 60% disabling, and depend on the presence and severity of a variety of symptoms.

Code 7517: Any Injury of the Bladder is rated under this code. 7517 Bladder, injury of:
Rate as voiding dysfunction.

Voiding Dysfunction: All urinary conditions that cannot be rated as urinary frequency or obstructed voiding are rated by this system. If the condition requires the use of a catheter or other urinary assistive appliance to remove urine from the bladder, or if the condition requires the use of absorbent materials (like pads or Depends) that must be changed more than 4 times a day, then it is rated 60%. If it requires absorbent materials that must be changed 2 to 4 times a day, then it is rated 40%. If it requires absorbent materials that must be changed only once a day, then it is rated 20%.

Depending on how the ratings schedulers rate you. If you meet the criteria for the highest rating for both you may be close to a 100% scheduler rating. I went ahead and calculated the highest ratings of 60% for those conditions,if granted + your current SC ratings=94%

All you would need is a 10% rating increase for one of your 0% SC conditions to reach 95% which will round up to 100%.

I do hope they give you the highest ratings. Congrats!!

Edited by doc25