VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim just closed how long to update on ebenefits

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

WaitingGamer

Welcome to Hadit; glad to have you aboard. EBenefits will not provide any input to results of an approval until you have a chance to get the decision letter in the mail. That is approx 10 days. However, if you go to VA.gov and look up your documents and get a status letter, it usually has an update before you get your letter. Another hint would be to go to your checking or wherever you have your disability deposits made, if any, and see if you have any deposits made to you. The wait is frustrating, but it is what it is with the VA. Wish you well.

I am wondering the same thing. The 15 day rule does not apply to a BVA hearing. My claim was granted on May 20th and still no updates on ebenefits, nor any new letters for the commissary. Letters still state the old rating and pay. VA.gov states

• 100% rating for individual unemployability

If this decision changes your disability rating or your eligibility for VA benefits, you should see this change made in 1 to 2 months.

The only letter received so far is fron the BVA themselves. Still no letter from my RO telling me what the effective date is or any other info.

On 6/18/2020 at 3:49 PM, Christie said:

I am wondering the same thing. The 15 day rule does not apply to a BVA hearing. My claim was granted on May 20th and still no updates on ebenefits, nor any new letters for the commissary. Letters still state the old rating and pay. VA.gov states

• 100% rating for individual unemployability

If this decision changes your disability rating or your eligibility for VA benefits, you should see this change made in 1 to 2 months.

The only letter received so far is fron the BVA themselves. Still no letter from my RO telling me what the effective date is or any other info.

I'm in the same boat. Bva appeal granted and closed on 6/12/20. Haven't heard or received anything yet. Good luck with yours. 👍

21 minutes ago, Christie said:

Still nothing here. No update on ebenefits or a letter. Maybe today will be my lucky day...doubtful though. I figured if ebennies doesnt update today, then come the 1st, it will still be the same then also. How many times can a person check that site a day...HUNDREDS lol. Good luck.

I know right? 😁

7 hours ago, raidertone said:

Christie, I heard back today from varo. They lowballed me as expected. Hope yours goes better. 🙂🙏

Still nothing here. You RO must be way faster than mine..but mine would be Phoenix. I already know they will be screwing me and only going back 3 yrs. Just shy of 6 weeks now. How bad did they screw you??? Due to a law change in 2014 is how I am being screwed. But after 21 years of fighting I am just ready for it to be done. Now give me my final letter I am so done with this hurry up and wait bullshit lmao.