VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim just closed how long to update on ebenefits

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

1 hour ago, Christie said:

Still nothing here. You RO must be way faster than mine..but mine would be Phoenix. I already know they will be screwing me and only going back 3 yrs. Just shy of 6 weeks now. How bad did they screw you??? Due to a law change in 2014 is how I am being screwed. But after 21 years of fighting I am just ready for it to be done. Now give me my final letter I am so done with this hurry up and wait bullshit lmao.

Yeah my varo is out of los angeles. Was surprised to hear back so soon. They combined 4 issues into 2. Gave me 30% for one and 0% on the other. Didn't change my rating. Was hoping for 100% schedular 🤨 Not surprised tho🙃 

22 minutes ago, raidertone said:

Yeah my varo is out of los angeles. Was surprised to hear back so soon. They combined 4 issues into 2. Gave me 30% for one and 0% on the other. Didn't change my rating. Was hoping for 100% schedular 🤨 Not surprised tho🙃 

That sucks! Sorry they are doing that to you. Mine was at the BVA so the judge granted my 100% TDIU and the RO has to assign the effective date to determine back pay. Dont give up trust me. 21 yrs later...21 yrs..oh man I never thought this day would come. I finally hired Woods and Woods. They are great. File the TDIU paper work yourself asking for it.

21 hours ago, Christie said:

That sucks! Sorry they are doing that to you. Mine was at the BVA so the judge granted my 100% TDIU and the RO has to assign the effective date to determine back pay. Dont give up trust me. 21 yrs later...21 yrs..oh man I never thought this day would come. I finally hired Woods and Woods. They are great. File the TDIU paper work yourself asking for it.

Congrats on yours tho 👍🙂

After 3 denials I finally got to the claim being sent to the VBA. It closed on VA.gov on 9/27/2020. I know they send a packet that takes a while to get but if it was approved how long does it take to show up on the ebenifits site under disabilities?

Thank you for your time,

Brian

1 hour ago, Bclaird said:

After 3 denials I finally got to the claim being sent to the VBA. It closed on VA.gov on 9/27/2020. I know they send a packet that takes a while to get but if it was approved how long does it take to show up on the ebenifits site under disabilities?

Thank you for your time,

Brian

Unfortunately, your claim will be returned to the local VARO to implement the decision which can take six months to a year or longer if your claim was remanded.  Some BVA decisions are granted, remanded, denied or any of the combination. The claims that take the longest are the ones that are both granted and remanded.  VA loves to hold up the granted portions until the remanded portions are completed and then deny the remanded portion again.  There is a VA Fast letter out there, but VA ignores any expeditious processing so just forget it. VA will make you wait.