VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim just closed how long to update on ebenefits

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

• Founder

VA Claim Status is now on VA.gov they retiring e-benefits

https://www.va.gov/claim-or-appeal-status/

What types of claims and appeals can I track with this tool?

You can use this tool to check the status of a VA claim or appeal for compensation. Track your:

• Disability compensation (including claims based on special needs like an automobile or clothing allowance)
  • Veterans or Survivors Pension benefits
  • Special monthly compensation (such as Aid and Attendance)
  • Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
  • Burial allowance to help pay for a Veteran’s burial and funeral expenses

You can also use this tool to check the status of a claim or appeal for other benefits like these:

• VA health care
  • GI Bill or other education benefits
  • Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
  • A home loan Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
  • A Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) or Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) grant
  • Life insurance
  • A pre-need determination of eligibility to be buried in a VA national cemetery

Can I use this tool?

To use this tool, you’ll need to have one of these free accounts:

• A verified Login.gov account, or
  • A verified ID.me account, or
  • A Premium DS Logon account (used for eBenefits and milConnect), or
  • A Premium My HealtheVet account

You are going to have questions and here are some of the answers from VA

Claim status tool FAQs

Find out what kind of information you can get from our claim status tool. And learn how to use the tool to upload new evidence to support your pending claim.

•  Check your VA claim status
  • How can I find out the status of my claim, appeal, or decision review?
  • You can check the status of your VA claim, appeal, or decision review online right now.

Check your VA claim status

You’ll need to sign in first with Login.gov, ID.me, DS Logon, or My HealtheVet. If you don’t have any of these accounts, you can get one now.

Sign in or create an account

If you need help, please call us at 800-827-1000 (TTY: 711). We’re here Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET.

What kind of information can I get from VA.gov’s claim status tool?

You can find out:

• Where your claim, appeal, or decision review is in the review process, and 
  • Which documents and forms (called evidence) we need from you, and
  • Which documents we've already received from health care providers, government agencies, and other sources, and
  • Details like your claim type, the date we received your claim, and the name of your representative 

Note: The claim status tool won't show documents you brought to us in person or sent by mail or fax. You also won't find documents online that we protect because they have private information. 

Can the tool tell me when I’ll receive a decision letter for my claim?

The claim status tool won’t provide an exact date. But if the status of your claim is “complete,” you can estimate when you’ll receive your decision letter. This status means we’ve already mailed your letter, and it will take 7 to 10 business days to arrive from the date we mailed it.

Note: The tool will show this message just below the status on the claim: “We sent you a decision letter.”

If you don’t receive your letter within 10 days, please call us at 800-827-1000 (TTY: 711). We’re here Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET. 

What types of claims can I track online?

You can use our claim status tool to check the status of a VA claim for compensation. This includes claims for automobile or clothing allowance, pension benefits, and Aid and Attendance. You can also check the status of your VA health care or GI Bill claim.

Find out what types of claims you can track online

Can I upload new evidence online?

Yes. You can use the claim status tool to upload new evidence. From the Files tab, under “Additional evidence,” click the Add Files button to submit more evidence.

Note: You can’t use this tool to file a claim. Please don’t upload claim forms here. 

We accept these file types: PDF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, and TXT. The maximum file size is 25 MB. If you can’t upload your additional evidence because the file is bigger than 25 MB, please mail it to us instead. You can send it to the same address where you mailed your claim.

You can also bring your additional evidence to a regional office near you.

Find a VA regional office near you

If you need help, you can call us at 800-827-1000 (TTY: 711). We’re here Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET.

Why does my VA.gov claim info seem different from what’s on eBenefits?

VA.gov and eBenefits describe the claims process in different ways, but the status and other details are correct in both places.