VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P and T ?

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So i have a increase in for my headaches in prep for a decision already after my C and P three days ago sounds like it’s moving good. Now I’m already 100 scheduler P and T,will this new decision of my headaches if increased above 0% where it’s at now be made P and T with everything else?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

@jfrei

Citation: http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/permanentandtotalunemployability.html

Many posts in relation to this topic are here on the forum. 

Permanent & Total Ratings

A Total Rating becomes a “Permanent & Total Rating” once it is medically assumed that the condition is unlikely to improve and will remain the same throughout the rest of the veteran’s life.  Permanent & Total Ratings are usually only given if the condition is stable (neither getting better or worse), however, if it is clear that the condition has no chance of improvement and will only worsen in the future, as in the case of incurable degenerative diseases like ALS, a permanent status can be assigned to a total rating at the VA’s discretion.

For a Permanent & Total Rating to be given for a single condition, that condition alone must qualify for a 100% rating and be considered permanent. In the case of illness or injury where the original cause passes, but residuals remain, a Permanent & Total Rating can be given if the residuals altogether meet all of the requirements. For example, if an infection causes blindness, then that blindness alone qualifies for a Permanent & Total Rating even though the infection is cured.

If a veteran has multiple conditions, none of which are rated 100%, he can still qualify for Permanent & Total Rating if all of his conditions combined using VA Math equal a 100% rating and none of them are expected to improve at all. For example, if a veteran has his dominant hand amputated (a 70% rating) and his entire left leg amputated (a 90% rating), his total combined rating would be 100%. As amputations are undeniably permanent, his conditions together would qualify him for a Permanent & Total Rating.

Once a 100% rating is given the status of Permanent & Total, it cannot be changed in the future. The VA does not require regular re-examinations of Permanent & Total Ratings, and the veteran can expect to receive full benefits of a Total Rating for the remainder of his life.

I am already P and T but my headaches was at 0 percent but my TBI was 100%. I’ve been waiting 5 months for Botox to be approved so I thought I’d file for an increase for my headaches that were lowballed at 0 in 2010 since all medications have been exhausted with no help and causing me reactions with my tbi residuals that I had to stop some of them. My permanent and total is rated due to my 100 tbi and dizziness 30 and scars at another 30 but not my headaches. which I believed should have been In that P and T rating but since it was zero no one cared BS doctors from day one never gave me a real c and p exam they asked one question during my tbi exam do you have headaches and I said yes almost everyday. SSA included it in my award letter for SSdI so I brought that to the c and P doctor when she asked if it impairs your ability to work. I said yes he’s my ssa exam and award letter based on my 1/2 headaches and the 1/3 the tbi residuals VES Doctor said this should be a quick decision but I laughed Said this is the VA...

• HadIt.com Elder
18 hours ago, jfrei said:

So i have a increase in for my headaches in prep for a decision already after my C and P three days ago sounds like it’s moving good. Now I’m already 100 scheduler P and T,will this new decision of my headaches if increased above 0% where it’s at now be made P and T with everything else?

I'm fairly sure they only rate the P&T on the most severe conditions ,the 100% ones that are not likely to improve in your life time.  So not all conditions will be rated the P&T

just my opinion

My 30 for my trach scar 30 for my dizziness and 100 for my tbi was in it but now the doctor has changed my headache dx with post traumatic headaches dx so my guess is this means more then zero percent...