VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP STATUS

Rate this question

FLCoyote

Question

I opted into RAMP on 22 May 2018.  To date nothing has been posted in ebenefits or vets.gov.  Almost every other veteran I contacted via blog, etc. said their status had been updated within two weeks of RAMP submission to show their legacy claim closed and RAMP opened.  The only thing I've managed to do is confirm that VA received the RAMP Opt-In on 22 May 2018, and that the Opt-In had not been processed or accepted yet.  My appeal is based on VA having made a mistake in applying existing law and I sent a copy of the CFR(law) with my appeal.  I talked with a former VA rating official (Doctor) that said they have no choice except to approve the appeal.  I did not call it a CUE (Clear Unmistakeable Error, but that's what it really was/is.  Its been 65 days since VA received the RAMP Opt-In and I would just like some indication about whats happening.  I sent in an on-line question and received a generic run around answer that didn't have any real information.  Can anyone advise me on why no status has been posted or how VA might handle an appeal when they clearly screwed up.  Did they send it back to the initial reviewer to rework instead of logging it into RAMP.  My VSO can't find out anything so far.  Thanks to anyone that can help me understand.  UPDATE:  As of today, 15 Aug 2018, still no status. This is day 85 and so far I can't even tell if my appeal was accepted in RAMP.  Nothing in ebenefits or vet.gov.  My VSO checked again and advised me that the RAMP was received by VA on 22 May 2018 and that there isn't any further status.  I'm just going to leave it alone for the next 40 days and then if no status I'll have a valid complaint about exceeding the desired/goal time for processing.  I did receive my 5th RAMP Opt-In invitation yesterday.  Something tells me that if VA is still requesting I Opt-In, that they haven't actually accepted the 22 May 2018 Opt-In.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet