VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

eBenefit is NO Benefit at All

Rate this question

MarkP

Question

eBenefits won't let me on again. States I'm not in DEERS again, etc., etc. Called numerous numbers, on hold forever and hung up. Went over to VETS.Gov got my password changed AGAIN, etc. poked around then went back over to eBenefits and this time finally got through my security questions (I guess I magically appeared back in DEERS) and it states my password can't be changed twice in 24 hrs. (?) Now my question is, is VETS.ORG and eBenefits part of the same mess? The same password since I just changed it? I tried the VETS.Org password on ebenefits and it didn't work so that can't be it? VETS.Org stated that my claim was finalized with a decision letter! What letter? Never received. It's too early for a letter. I'm still sending in documents, the VA is still searching for lost records, my doctors are still sending in my records and VA has to review all this stuff. How frustrating..........!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Vets.gov and ebennies the same DSlogon just you have to have a phone handy for the vets.gov since you have a security pin after the password. Might have to contact the ebennies website for techno glitch or something...

On 8/15/2018 at 1:07 PM, MarkP said:

eBenefits won't let me on again. States I'm not in DEERS again, etc., etc. Called numerous numbers, on hold forever and hung up. Went over to VETS.Gov got my password changed AGAIN, etc. poked around then went back over to eBenefits and this time finally got through my security questions (I guess I magically appeared back in DEERS) and it states my password can't be changed twice in 24 hrs. (?) Now my question is, is VETS.ORG and eBenefits part of the same mess? The same password since I just changed it? I tried the VETS.Org password on ebenefits and it didn't work so that can't be it? VETS.Org stated that my claim was finalized with a decision letter! What letter? Never received. It's too early for a letter. I'm still sending in documents, the VA is still searching for lost records, my doctors are still sending in my records and VA has to review all this stuff. How frustrating..........!

@MarkP

I have had those same problems for years. Oddly enough in DEERS they have cross linked my file to someone else and I cannot get it uncrossed and I have tried a dozen times.

Here is the Ebenefits direct help desk number 800-983-0937

don't call the general number, they all seem to be as helpful as a box of hair.

Set up a DS login account if you can, ,here is the link.

It works on Ebenefits and Vets.org. but ebennie also allows a site specific username and password that is not your DS login.

Here is a tidbit I got from the actual help desk and sadly it works.

If Ebenefits is hoarking up on you, not password related stuff just display stuff.

First go to the bottom of the main page and look at their Calendar of Outages. It is what most sites calle  Planned Outages.

If nothing is there then make sure you are using Internet Explorer, NOT Microsoft EDGE, Chrome or Firefox. According to the tech the sites are specifically designed for Pre-EDGE Internet Explorer versions.

If you have an EDGE icon showing on your machine you also have a version of Internet Explorer you don't know about.

To access that version of IE, open the EDGE browser. In the upper Right corner are 3 dots ...  click the dots. Then about 5 items from the bottom is a menu item that says something like "Open with Internet Explorer".4

That is the link to the hidden version of IE on your machine if you allowed the upgrade to EDGE or bought a machine preloaded with EDGE.

You can send and receive messages to your PCP doctor and pcp team on your myhealthvet account if you have one.  Just find the message tab and post your question.  In order to set up a premium myhealthvet account a vet must go in person to VA hospital or clinic so they can verify your ID and they will assist you in setting up the account.  This is way it was done for me in 2013.

Setting up a password for ebennies and VA.Gov is a bit more involved than with other websites password requirements.  I too had difficulty initially.  It is very important to carefully read and follow involved instructions on ebennies to create a password as I had to write a list of their requirements for creating the PW.

Once you have created a PW for ebennies then you can use this same one to log onto VA.Gov.  However VA.GOV will then send you a test message to your phone with an 4 or 5 number code you will then have to add to your login info.  The code is only good for about 10 minutes then you will have to start all over.

For username you can use your myhealthvet username if you have a myhealthvet account.

When logging onto ebennefits you will have to place a check mark in the small box above the paragraph in bold type just above the username and password blocks.  I know this is as clear as mud but best I can do.  Good luck.

•  

• HadIt.com Elder

Try ''Myhealthevet''. there you can Instant message your Doc. and also check and copy your medical progress Notes.