VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice please...

Rate this question

BoatsFFG37

Question

I don't know how to ask this so I will just post and see how it goes.  I had an experience in service and it stuck with me, I don't want to ask service buddies for a buddy letter (the guys that were actually there are all successful and I feel shame asking them to help me).  I recently post on our ships facebook ( hey you guys remember that time) group and 47 people responded to that post and confirmed the story.  Would the facebook response be good enough for a buddy letter? 

Took me a six pack to build the courage to make this post.  I'm thinking I might just give up on trying to make a claim as its taking so much energy to actually talk about this.

V/R,

Boats

Edited by BoatsFFG37

I am so proud of my daughter and explained what she did here before- one of the vets found a document in Vietnamese on the ground in Vietnam, sometime after this stressor they had all experienced.

It had the SSA or service numbers and names of all of these men in his unit that were present. (it might have been six men- one had died

He kept the dcument for years after he left Vietnam and was afraid it was some sort of hit list.

My daughter was a Vietnamese linquist for the USAF and she translated the document -it was signed and dated  by a high Vietnamese Military Official and stated what each man listed on the doc had done to save countless lives in the horrific incident, detailed in the Vietnamese Document.

This happened on the past hadit board pre-2005 I think- the sad part is this- the veteran who got the DFC invited me and my daughter to the ceremony when they (his Congressman and others were going to present it to him-)on the west Coast. He also ordered a beautiful floral basket for my daughter thinking she lived here with me. She was out of the country on a mission ( Intel) as a thank you- I emailed her a photo of it-

as the ceremony date approached for the Distiquished Flying Cross, he became very depressed- and cancelled the actual ceremony.and emailed me how sorry he was but that the whole incident was so horrific he could not be anything but sad about it.

Same thing happened to my husband when he got all of his awards on a DD215-at first he felt proud, for about an hour , then he flew into a sudden rage, calmed down, and said he realised they (the awards/decorations on the 215 all involved so many deaths (Vietnam) and he could hardly talk for a week.

VA awarded him 100% P & T for PTSD almost 2 years after he died, with 30%. It is far better to get your proper comp in your lifetime-but

SC comp never ever mitigates the psychological damage of stressors.If a veteran deserves compensation fr PTSD or  any type of disability , they should receive it with the full  knowledge that they deserve it.

As somebody who's filing a claim for PTSD over some embarrassing shit. I can assure you, you will find support if you look for it. You may not find it under every rock you turn over but eventually, if your persistent, you will amass a great store of it. I hope you achieve success in your claim.