VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still 40% why?

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

They closed one of my claims today and ebenefits still says I have 40% but for my disability list says I have 10% for hearing, 10% High Blood Pressure, 20% for Scars and 30% for my left knee replacement as of 08/21/2018, but it's saying I only get 40% the VA rep did the math and I should have at least been awarded 60% so does anyone know why the VA still has me at 40%. I have not received my letter yet explaining why I'm still at 40% rating. I think I found why because when you have a knee replacement scars are covered in the 30% so I think thats why they took the 20% away for scars on my knee. 

Also I called and the VA to ask the question since I had another knee replacement on the same knee I should have been awarded the temp 100% the VA says no you don't get that it's a one time deal no matter how many times you have surgery's on that same knee through the years, so they canceled my total knee replacement claim and told me I could file an appeal but she said don't waste my time on it. so I have no choice but to get another VSO to help me again.

Edited by Rhodesia

Rhodesia posted:

Well I will keep everyone posted it's funny I retired from working in the VA system with Combat vets such as my self, and I also but when you are on the other side of the fence I can see why the VA is not user friendly to us Combat Veterans. 

Yes, its always better when you see both sides of the fence.  Maybe you should be some sort of management

5 hours ago, Hamslice said:

French Foreign Legion,

that's awesome,

just sayin,

Hamslice

Yea 5 years standard enlistment, when I worked for the VA as a VA Police Officer before I retired some of the veterans would say What branch were you in? the Marines? because of my Tattoo's and I would say no I was in the French Foreign Legion and since I was an american I get american VA benefits. they had that look on their face like NO WAY, but then I told them I enlisted in the Marines first then joined the Legion came home and re-enlisted back into the Marines reserves. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hoping you get some good news any day now

1 hour ago, Vync said:

Hoping you get some good news any day now

Rated Disabilities as of 08/22/2018

as of this morning still says 40% in that big circle on the disabilities page on ebenefits

10% High Blood Pressure service connected 10/02/2009

10% Tinnitus service connected 02/28/2006

20% Surgical Scars service connected 12/28/2010

30% Left Knee replacement service connected 01/01/2018

so if that guy was right in telling me that the VA took the 20% away from me because scars are added into the knee replacement. so maybe that's why I'm still remaining at 40% but if the VA took that service connected award away would that not show up in ebenefits? 

Rated disabilities should show zero percent ratings.  Mine even includes that fracture that I requested that was determined not service connected.  It sounds like E-benefits is still not fully updated in your case.  As may others will attest E-benefits is not an accurate reflection of your case at all times.  Let's hope that your big brown envelope will shed some more data on this.