VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Maintenance Denied and Recertification of Disabilities

Rate this question

Treymon

Question

I was wondering what is going on at the VA. I had my CMA denied because the rubber tip on my bilateral elbow crutch is not worn enough. I was told by the prosthetics rep that she received orders from a "Head Honcho" to deny everyone because they wanted to stop the Veterans that are labeled "double dippers" from utilizing the new law. I got mad and went to see the head honcho of the VA in Eugene, OR clinic. He told me that the rubber tip on the crutch was not worn enough so that is why it was being denied. I told him that I have been receiving the CMA since 2005 and he told me that the VA would now require that I give back all of the CMA money? He went on to further state that he is recommending me for recertification of all my service connected disabilities. Why am I being labeled a "Double Dipper"? and Why do I have to be recertified for all of my service connected disabilities? Is this legal?

Edited by Treymon

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I recommend you use the "teenager" method, which  often works.  You know, when Mom says No, ask Dad.  If Mom and Dad both say no, ask Grandpa.  

If Mom, Dad, and Grandpa says no, then ask your teacher.  

Go to someone else at VA, on another day, or at another VA.  Ask them the same thing.  Why this works:

VA is a corrupt and disorganized unit, where the right hand does not know what the  left hand does.