VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA gross benefit vs Net amount paid

Rate this question

alex0894

Question

1. I just got bump from 60 to 90 percent. The claim got submitted April 15, 2018, and I just got the following results Aug 21, 2018:

Gross Benefit amount 2,038.39

Net Amount paid 1,450.42

Effective date April 1, 2018

Combine evaluation 90 percent.

2. I have not received the VA letter in the mail yet, I retired in 2000, I owe no one. What does Net Amount paid means. I also saw that the VA deposited about 641 dollars into my account. When do I get all the back pay and the 2,038.39 per month? Any help would be appreciated. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Ok, so you are speculating based on ebenefits.  You need to wait for the envelope.  

However, there are reasons why the gross could be different from the Net.  

1.  You already got paid for 60 percent, so that is deducted from your 90 percent.  Again, this is all wild speculation, assuming that a highly unreliabe and inaccurate ebenefits is spot on, when that is rarely the case.  Of course, to make any sense of this you have to wait for the decision in the mail, just like the rest of us.  

2.  You retired or got some sort of settlement at discharge.  Im pretty sure you dont get a discharge settlement AND VA comp for the same injury.  

3.  Like many others, you did not pay copays, so they build up and VA takes em back, usually at tax refund time.   I found that out the hard way. 

(Oh gee, I swore I would not speculate on ebenefits again, and this is exactly what I did.  Its sooo tempting, but its like predicting the weather based on what color your neighbor wears to work.  )

Alex0894, my father in law Just checked his ebenefits. We are confused on why the net amount paid is different from gross benefit. Could you help us understand what this all means? Basically I want to know if the gross amount is what you will receive a month. And what does net amount paid mean. My father just got accepted for 100% disability. Snyone who can help would be a blessing.