• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Fast PFN status and new C&P Vets.gov oddity(?)

Question

Hey all,

As some of you know I am new here and posted a few questions trying to learn about this process. Won't go into deep detail but I have just had a couple oddly fast responses so I want to share them

First off I had a C&P review of my 70% PTSD status on 16 August 2018. Doc said his company has been getting fast responses from the VA and that based on how he was writing the report and adding a diagnosis of "BiPolar likely caused by the PTSD" and that I "would get" (his words) a bump in rating even though they are not supposed to make that type of statement because they are not raters.

Found this site, asked a bunch of questions about timing and next steps etc. had some very thorough answers and I thank you all for them.

On Aug 20th Ebenefits showed claim as Gathering evidence

Today Aug 23 Ebenefits shows Preparation for Notification, which seems really really fast for the VA so I started digging around to find out others experience with recent VA speed in processing. I assume my local VARO is a factor in that speed.

I found a posting that referred to Vets.gov, so I went there and under Track my Claims I see a couple things not on Ebenefits.

245338417_pathof31julyclaimmovedtoPFNstatusebenefits.thumb.jpg.092e466990617a0e0874e6ae4ee19cba.jpg

which is fairly fast and not on the ebenefits site.

I read others getting to PFN then being sent back to Gathering of Evidence, so I am not jumping up and down yet.

In the meantime with all the questions I asked it was suggested that other possible claims I was considering pursuing, including TDIU and for Ed and an increase on a couple of the secondaries to my PTSD and reopening a bilateral hearing loss, that the longer I waited the more money I would/might not be receiving. It was strongly suggested I apply asap, so I did.

That was also on 8/20/2018

Tonight at 10 p.m. EST I got an email saying I had another C&P on 8/31/2018, but does not say for what, which is what started the hunt for info today.

On Ebenefits it says one of my new claims is closed. nothing else, just closed.

On Vets.Gov it says closed notification mailed.

What is odd is that the path I show in the attached image for my C&P review that had such a fast turn around is not shown for that claim.

That claim was for ED, which as a man rated 70% PTSD with Major Depressive disorder with psychotic features, should be a no brainer as I understand the online discussions.

So in this case on the Ebenefits site, I chose to select the Request a Decision link after I submitted the Fully Qualified application.

Overall on both situations the speed is kinda gnawing at me. On the ED claim, it will be interesting to see what they say and try and figure out if clicking that link for something that is well documented in my SMR and VA record actually makes things quicker. The SMC payment would be at least 105 bucks even if they rate as 0%, but they can rate as high as 20% for SC trauma causing the ED.  Doing the VA math and assuming no bump in my PTSD rating, rating me at 10 or 20% would bump my overall combined rating to 80%, so as long as they don't deny the claim I will have an increase.

On the other one, I really want to trust the doctors suggestion that I will get a bump but as PTSD comes in 30, 50, 70 & 100% blocks the only bump I see (now) is to 100% which would be great and would erase the need for TDIU which would be cool because being 100%  Schedule has serious advantages over being 100% TDIU. The date of the new C&P, 8/31, also has me a bit worried only because I might not get any online notification of the outcome in PFN or for the ED.

Anyway,

I will post an update once I find out what each of these are.

Thanks for reading

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

One of the most important benefits of Scheduler is DIC.  If you die of SC disability your spouse gets DIC to the tune of about $1200 a month.  After ten years your spouse gets this regardless.  There

Posted Images

GeekySquid Quoted

'' only bump I see (now) is to 100% which would be great and would erase the need for TDIU which would be cool because being 100%  Schedule has serious advantages over being 100% TDIU.''

What serious ''Advantages'' over being TDIU over 100% would they be? Just Curious as to what your referring to here?

Part of the reason things are going faster is because of the newer electronic system.  Your evidence is sent to Janesville, where its scanned into the system, usually by contractors.  

Next, it goes into a national que.  This is far different than the old Regional office, because some RO had a much bigger backlog than others.  So, you claim can be completed by whichever VARO completes the next job, taking its turn with other Vets who have submitted claims in the national que.    That helps utilize electronic processing.  Its kind of like sending an email vs sending a letter via snail mail.  

I think we are getting closer to having all Vets claims scanned in to the computer.  Certainly the new claims, which go directly to janesville, are processed electronically.  

I hope the VA system has a good IT group, especially with electronic security.  A skilled hacker could wreak havoc, not that that could not happen in industry, where it already has multiple multiple times.  

Im sure there are many admin passwords floating around..where the admin has full authority, even to delete one or more accounts.  Im also sure there are disgruntled managers, some of who will likely be fired.  

A disgruntled employee with an admin password, could do huge damage to the computer system, and, even specific Veterans.  

The only real way to stop this, is to have multiple, multiple backups.  Google has hundreds of backups, all over the country.  They know well if you type "google" and it says, "page not found", or some other error, people will stop using google.  

Just look how unreliable ebenefits is.   I would not think of using this if I had an alternative (other than vets.gov which is mostly the same)  This means there are glitches somewhere in VA's VBMS system.  Many of them.  Congress has awarded hundreds of billions of dollars to VA to develop new IT systems, and they pretty much all turn out the same way:  It goes to favored contractors who wind up squandering the money with nepotism, favoritism, corruption and theft, and little progress is made.  

One of the most important benefits of Scheduler is DIC.  If you die of SC disability your spouse gets DIC to the tune of about $1200 a month.  After ten years your spouse gets this regardless.  There are other state benefits possible like no homeowners taxes through the county.  There are other benefits that you might find good for yourself.  Good hearing your case is moving to finalization.

• Like 1

I think the new VBMS is a great thing  As its much much faster.

I have always thought why we have a Clams Center Now to send our claims to  either by snail mail or electronically, which I sent my last claim in electronically  although this is still an option for the Veteran , it is his choice at present to send his claim in either way  but the only address is Janesville Wi  to the claims center. 

As for as Your RO not getting these claims to Adjudicate ,  the claims processing Center  in Janesville has an automatic system depending on the type of claim  & that system they use decides what R.O. to Send that claim to for faster processing.

It may hit your RO but  is very unlikely that it will.

if you live in California  your claim maybe sent to Bump F#### up Egypt   or if you live in Texas  your claim maybe sent to Salt Lake City Utah , where ever the system at the Janesville Claim center decides for your claim to be process in a faster way that's where they send it.. JMO