VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fast PFN status and new C&P Vets.gov oddity(?)

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

Hey all,

As some of you know I am new here and posted a few questions trying to learn about this process. Won't go into deep detail but I have just had a couple oddly fast responses so I want to share them

First off I had a C&P review of my 70% PTSD status on 16 August 2018. Doc said his company has been getting fast responses from the VA and that based on how he was writing the report and adding a diagnosis of "BiPolar likely caused by the PTSD" and that I "would get" (his words) a bump in rating even though they are not supposed to make that type of statement because they are not raters.

Found this site, asked a bunch of questions about timing and next steps etc. had some very thorough answers and I thank you all for them.

On Aug 20th Ebenefits showed claim as Gathering evidence

Today Aug 23 Ebenefits shows Preparation for Notification, which seems really really fast for the VA so I started digging around to find out others experience with recent VA speed in processing. I assume my local VARO is a factor in that speed.

I found a posting that referred to Vets.gov, so I went there and under Track my Claims I see a couple things not on Ebenefits.

245338417_pathof31julyclaimmovedtoPFNstatusebenefits.thumb.jpg.092e466990617a0e0874e6ae4ee19cba.jpg

which is fairly fast and not on the ebenefits site.

I read others getting to PFN then being sent back to Gathering of Evidence, so I am not jumping up and down yet.

In the meantime with all the questions I asked it was suggested that other possible claims I was considering pursuing, including TDIU and for Ed and an increase on a couple of the secondaries to my PTSD and reopening a bilateral hearing loss, that the longer I waited the more money I would/might not be receiving. It was strongly suggested I apply asap, so I did.

That was also on 8/20/2018

Tonight at 10 p.m. EST I got an email saying I had another C&P on 8/31/2018, but does not say for what, which is what started the hunt for info today.

On Ebenefits it says one of my new claims is closed. nothing else, just closed.

On Vets.Gov it says closed notification mailed.

What is odd is that the path I show in the attached image for my C&P review that had such a fast turn around is not shown for that claim.

That claim was for ED, which as a man rated 70% PTSD with Major Depressive disorder with psychotic features, should be a no brainer as I understand the online discussions.

So in this case on the Ebenefits site, I chose to select the Request a Decision link after I submitted the Fully Qualified application.

Overall on both situations the speed is kinda gnawing at me. On the ED claim, it will be interesting to see what they say and try and figure out if clicking that link for something that is well documented in my SMR and VA record actually makes things quicker. The SMC payment would be at least 105 bucks even if they rate as 0%, but they can rate as high as 20% for SC trauma causing the ED.  Doing the VA math and assuming no bump in my PTSD rating, rating me at 10 or 20% would bump my overall combined rating to 80%, so as long as they don't deny the claim I will have an increase.

On the other one, I really want to trust the doctors suggestion that I will get a bump but as PTSD comes in 30, 50, 70 & 100% blocks the only bump I see (now) is to 100% which would be great and would erase the need for TDIU which would be cool because being 100%  Schedule has serious advantages over being 100% TDIU. The date of the new C&P, 8/31, also has me a bit worried only because I might not get any online notification of the outcome in PFN or for the ED.

Anyway,

I will post an update once I find out what each of these are.

Thanks for reading

14 hours ago, broncovet said:

Part of the reason things are going faster is because of the newer electronic system.

@broncovet

The VBMS does seem to speed things up.

I will post a new thread for this, but thank you for your suggestions and support. I just got notified on ebenefits that my C&P from the 16th has already closed and notification mailed. I am 100% schedule P&T for PTSD plus 10% tinnitus and I suspect, but cannot prove, an SMC-K award for loss of a creative organ.

now I just have to wait for final confirmation and the packet.

If they keep moving this fast they actually have time to have this bump in my next check on the 31st but more likely the following month or two.