VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appealing and effective date I need help

Rate this question

mcsanty

Question

Good morning veterans 

After four years I finally  receive my NOD Rating decision ,and I’m happy with this  Reading decision, but I Disagree  with the effective date .

I have proof to show it should  it should be an early date  So , I decided to appeal the Effective  date,  I am not a good writer , And there is no VSO near me, so I have to do this on my own ,Where can I find samples of statements Or good written arguments that will help me write my own statement.

Thank you 

When did you file the first formal claim for these conditions?

They list Dr. Carpenter's medical info from the 1997 letter in the recent  award letter.

Can you scan and attach their decision here, for your first formal claim?

It appears that they acknowledged the letter from Dr Carpenter in the recent award- but might have ignored it in any past denial  . This might be a basis for a CUE claim-and if you did file the same type of claim in 1997, within one year of your discharge and these were ratable conditions at that time, obviously the VA would owe you retro back to your date of discharge.

Can you also scan and post the Rating sheet they enclosed with the older claim.

Cover C file # and name prior to scanning it.

Was this  recent award due to a BVA decision? If so can you give us the Docket #?

Unfortunately, your appeal of the effective date is not as simple as "copying and pasting" someone else's appeal for an EED.  You have to read your file.  Fortunately, in an appeal to the BVA or even with RAMP, the Veteran need not know all the regulations.  The BVA should know them.  

Just make sure you fill out the NOD form timely.  You can simply state you think the effective date is wrong.  

If you have proof, then send that proof to VA.  Evidence wins claims, not fancy letters written by Vets which have no substance or meaning.  

Edited by broncovet