VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bump to 100% P&T in 8 days from C&P review

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

Hey all just want to share what I think of is good news, even though I still have to sit and wait.

On 8//16/2018 I had a C&P review for my PTSD which was 70% with 10% Tinnitus rating. I was initially rated in 2013 and I had made no requests for adjustments. VA just mandated this C&P.

Today, 8/24/2018 ebenefits was up and down all day so I could not really read anything on my statuses until 6 pm PST.

I went in and I am, according to ebenefits, at 100% and in the letters I see my rating is P&T.

I am over the moon. This RO must be the rocket docket or the QTC doc really wrote a solid case for the bump. or both.

Either way I am now in the "watch the mailbox" phase since I won't believe it until i either get paid or the packet arrives.

Thanks for all the input from everyone on other posts and my rambling questions.

100 on ebenefits.jpg

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

@pwrslm

Thanks. I was hoping but not expecting if that makes sense. Now it is the wait. As I understand things I likely wont see it on the 9/1 payment but might see it on the 10/1 payment. Effective Date is 8/16 and I doubt I can build a strong enough case to get and EED.

anyway thanks to all  here.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulation GA  100% is Great.  you have an extra 10% for tinnitus  so if your hearing gets worse be sure to file for increase on that too  and any other service related conditions that may arise with you in the future  you need a 50% increase on what you have now to reach the SMC   But enjoy this Win..just something to think about.

Also on the TDIU P&T Veterans that are not suppose to work as opposed to the  scheduled 100% veteran  that can work. I agree with that

However if the TDIU P&T Veteran  has anymore service related conditions he can file on and they can be secondary to an already S.C. Disability and gets at least another 60% on a separate S.C.condition Approved, that will make his TDIU Moot and that veteran will be rated a final 100% scheduled rating ...but most veterans in this condition can't work if they wanted to .

I am one of those type Veterans  went from TDIU P&T TO 100% Scheduler. it is a great benefit for helping out with student loans to as you mention especially for you young veterans.  I am on my 17th year.  I wish I could work  How I wish I could.

Again Congratulation on your 100% that's great  & don't forget about your property tax exemption  that to is one of the best benefits a veteran can get.

2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

However if the TDIU P&T Veteran  has anymore service related conditions he can file on and they can be secondary to an already S.C. Disability and gets at least another 60% on a separate S.C.condition Approved, that will make his TDIU Moot and that veteran will be rated a final 100% scheduled rating

@buck52

thank you, I do think of this as a big win for me.

In reference to your comment on mooting TDIU for P&T Vets.  I did not know the details that you laid out or the possibility of mooting as you lay it out. Just a curiosity question but how many 100% TDIU P&T vets actually fit that potential mooting and more interestingly how many know they might/do fit that potential.

As you well know slogging through the VA lingo and myriad of "ifs this then that" scenarios can be mind numbing to say the least so I wonder how many vets, just like I did five years ago when I finally got my70% rating, just stop. I was fed up with the VA and thanks to two decades of denials and lies and horror stories from others I wanted to stay as far from them as possible. .

I am glad you got converted to scheduler and I totally understand wanting to work. When I found out the income limitations on TDIU my depression got deeper and my anxiety skyrocketed. I am of the older generation and had it pounded into me that not working made you less than other people. I know how that sounds but it is just part of who I am.

In this recent process I also became worried that in trying to figure out how to survive on my own, and having some significant financial success when things were good, that I screwed my self in terms of rating. I make it a life long practice not to lie, even for my own best interests. Not from any moral high ground, it is just too tiring trying to remember what person heard what lie. Just thinking about the lies some people I know have spun for years at a time exhausts me, I cannot live that way.

I don't mean this next as being obnoxious or self-aggrandizing it is just a set of facts.

I happen to be one of those "smart" people who has a lot of education and I am "smart" in areas that pay well. Digging into my work help me stave off the worst of things for long stretches. Being "good at" things that were in demand allowed me to create set-duration contracts with hard goals and final dates. Doing that let me control when and how I worked. I did not need to be "in the office" to earn an income, which is a great benefit in controlling my situation when things start to spiral.

The shear idea that for the rest of my life a TDIU rating would block me from doing what I love and that helped me control my life was a devastating thought and that deepened my depression and anxiety.

Anyway, I am now in the "wait by the mailbox" phase. Monday I will go to the American Legion (my reps) and see if the new AB8 letter and C&P is available to print. There are several personal things I need to do and that letter will make a couple of them easier. Of course if they just keep me on this rocket docket and accelerate paying me it would be very cool too.

Thanks for you words, suggestions, and support