VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this topic

SpaceAce54

Charles,

I think I would like the contact info. I am having a heck of a time getting sc'd. It's been 2 years. My sleep study was dne and it's results posted but VA still denied.

In the process to claim secondary for sleep ap with a CPAP, as I am currently getting compensation for asthma and hypertension. I filed, when I retired in 2005 claiming OBA (obstructive Breathing Airways)

so any help would be much appreciated. I to, no buddy letters have/had the serious LOUD snoring and gasping.

Thanks

I got my SA service connected by claiming it secondary to my depression and medication. My civilian doctor did an IMO & DBQ that gave medical evidence of how depression and anxiety medication can cause sleep apnea. 

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, Socar65 said:

Charles,

I think I would like the contact info. I am having a heck of a time getting sc'd. It's been 2 years. My sleep study was dne and it's results posted but VA still denied.

In the process to claim secondary for sleep ap with a CPAP, as I am currently getting compensation for asthma and hypertension. I filed, when I retired in 2005 claiming OBA (obstructive Breathing Airways)

so any help would be much appreciated. I to, no buddy letters have/had the serious LOUD snoring and gasping.

Thanks

Since I am new to posting on this site I am not sure want I can post.

I am not sure how to get the info to you.

Edited by Charles Long

First, do you have a diagnosis for sleep apnea? Second, I found it easier to claim secondary, rather than trying to claim that it occurred while in service. I was a very loud snorer while in the service and probably had it then but, I have been researching and it seemed almost impossible to service connect while in service (JMHO). 

Edited by silverdollar22

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use