VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone have 2 C&P exams for the same issue

Rate this question

P1031

Question

I am stressed and desperate for answers. I filled a claim for PTSD and anxiety relating to MST(Military sexual trauma). I had a C&P exam with a VA doctor. Fast forward I one month. I received a letter in the mail that VA is scheduling another exam for me with a private facility. 

Why would VA make me go through this again? It was tough to even get through the first exam. I can't believe I have to relive this crap again. I'm hoping this is a good sign. Anyone else have this happen, and what did it mean for you? 

12 hours ago, broncovet said:

While it did not happen to me, its likely that the first exam had something that was inadequate...perhaps the examiner did not answer all the questions for VA, for example.  No need to stress over this.  Just be honest, be on time, and tell the examiner about your worst day, not your best day.  

Broncovet has great advice here.  We are all accustomed to responding to people in our everyday lives, in a well practiced manner when asked how we are doing.  The default answer always tends to be "...I''m fine..." or "...Yes, I'm having a good day..." or something to that effect.  We tend to answer this/that way in order to NOT have to get into a long protracted conversation with the other person.  Don't fall into that trap.  Lay it all out to the C&P examiner, in detail.

While it did not happen to me, its likely that the first exam had something that was inadequate...perhaps the examiner did not answer all the questions for VA, for example.  No need to stress over this.  Just be honest, be on time, and tell the examiner about your worst day, not your best day.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Some times the Raters will get conflicting opinions from Dr's  Rather VA Dr's or C&P Examiners .

if their reports contradict with one another  they usually request another C&P or use the Dr  opinion that went into more Detail about their medical opinion.

Its actually a good thing ...at least its not a denial.

In my opinion I think its better to get a private C&P like QTC...I luck out and got a very nice QTC PTSD Examiner  she was a psychiatrist and also a Veteran.

Just do as broncovet mention  answer all the questions honestly  and if you don't know the answer to a question just say you don't know.

you'll be ok

Edited by Buck52

Its likely a good thing.  Unless VA is "developing to deny", then there is likely "some issue" with something on your C and p exam that needs resolved.  It probably means you have some favorable evidence going for you or it just would have been denied.  That is, you likely have an "in service event" and, likely, a diagnosis.  The c and p exam may be needed to clarify your nexus statement, as those come in sometimes which are unclear or they are not in the format VA wants.  They want, "The Veterans (current diagnosis) is at least as likely as not due to (event in service".  Sometimes they also want the doc to explain WHY he said this, that is, a medical rationale.  

For example:  You had a fractured leg in service.  Later you developed arthritis in that joint.  The doctor may need to explain why he opined this arthritis is related to service, such as citing a harvard medical study which links a bone fracture to arthritis.  This is just an example.