VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone have 2 C&P exams for the same issue

Rate this question

P1031

Question

I am stressed and desperate for answers. I filled a claim for PTSD and anxiety relating to MST(Military sexual trauma). I had a C&P exam with a VA doctor. Fast forward I one month. I received a letter in the mail that VA is scheduling another exam for me with a private facility. 

Why would VA make me go through this again? It was tough to even get through the first exam. I can't believe I have to relive this crap again. I'm hoping this is a good sign. Anyone else have this happen, and what did it mean for you? 

On 8/27/2018 at 4:25 PM, P1031 said:

I am stressed and desperate for answers. I filled a claim for PTSD and anxiety relating to MST(Military sexual trauma). I had a C&P exam with a VA doctor. Fast forward I one month. I received a letter in the mail that VA is scheduling another exam for me with a private facility. 

Why would VA make me go through this again? It was tough to even get through the first exam. I can't believe I have to relive this crap again. I'm hoping this is a good sign. Anyone else have this happen, and what did it mean for you? 

I had 4 for the same thing in the last year, 2 with VA doctors and 2 with privet doctors. I don't think it is that uncommon.

It is not that usual for the VA to request more than one exam on a new disability.  Do your best to make it through the second exam.  Tell the second examiner the same thing you told the first examiner, don't close up during the examination.  I have PTSD but I cannot imagine how hard it is to go through an MST exam.  My wife got out due to sexual harassment, not even MST and I know that was hard on her.  She did not tell me until years later, I had just picked up E-6 and she probably rightly thought I might have hurt the harasser, another E-6.

On 8/27/2018 at 5:25 PM, P1031 said:

with a private facility

when you say private facility, you are referring to VES or one of the other official C&P providers?

On 8/27/2018 at 5:25 PM, P1031 said:

PTSD and anxiety relating to MST

do you know for a fact the DBQ used was for PTSD? or could it have been for Mental Health other than PTSD?

The reason I ask is that MST might be rated under some other MH condition if the C&P Dr did not think you met the requirements for PTSD.

I cannot be sure but that is a possible reason for the second exam.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 8/27/2018 at 7:25 PM, P1031 said:

You need to go see your VA M.H. MST Coordinator'LET HIM,/HER KNOW ABOUT THIS. (ASAP)

Also it will help if your seeing a VA Therapist for MST. 

Once the trauma /markers and locations dates this is known this happen and your lay statement is entered into record  you need not go through all this again. (using military treatment records and service records as evidence) Law Enforcement Records, Private Hospital Emergency Records  that can be related to your MST

if this happen while in military then get the actual morning reports from your unit ect,,,ect,,,All the evidence this happen you will need for your claim/MST-PTSD.

Find you a good MST Therapist you can relate to and stay there until your more comfortable and can release a lot of the stress   this will help you tremendously. 

Edited by Buck52