VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VR FEASIBILITY LETTER

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

Any Veteran applying for TDIU, OR, any veteran that was denied IU...I cannot express enough the importance of using the Vocational Rehab opportunity to get there opinion. Long story short. I personally found out about the Feasibility Letter and obtained one and filed for TDIU. 6 months later approved. As long a the veteran has the SC 5 to apply for TDIU then Please get that VR opinion. I also enclosed a writing about the importance of a Vocational Expert opinion.

BEST EVIDENCE TO PROVE INDIVIDUAL UNEMPLOYABILITY

When it comes to proving to the VA that the veteran is eligible for individual unemployability, that is if the veteran is found to have met the rating threshold and employment criteria mentioned above, the best evidence is a professional opinion from a vocational expert or competent medical doctor concerning the veteran’s ability to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation. The VA often times schedules a veteran for a C&P exam to get an opinion on IU. This report should include a rationale as to whether it is as likely as not (50/50 chance) that the service-connected disability or combined disabilities render the veteran unable to secure and maintain substantially gainful employment. Additionally, the report should also include and describe the functional impairment caused by the veteran’s disabilities and how that impairment impacts on physical and sedentary employment. Other evidence to support unemployability may include employment history, employer records, and any medical evidence that indicates that the veteran is totally disabled and unemployable.

18 hours ago, Ddsr said:

the best evidence is a professional opinion from a vocational expert or competent medical doctor concerning the veteran’s ability to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation.

Okay, but what happens when you go to C&P exams with NP's who opine you can do anything. I keep reading where this evidence is needed, but I can't find it in 38 CFR or M21-1. That bothers me.

44 minutes ago, kanewnut said:

Okay, but what happens when you go to C&P exams with NP's who opine you can do anything. I keep reading where this evidence is needed, but I can't find it in 38 CFR or M21-1. That bothers me.

What specifically bothers you? I am not sure what your stating. What proof do you have? What are you trying to get TDIU?

On 8/28/2018 at 11:32 PM, Ddsr said:

What specifically bothers you?

On 8/28/2018 at 4:17 AM, Ddsr said:

the best evidence is a professional opinion from a vocational expert or competent medical doctor concerning the veteran’s ability to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation.

What bothers me is people keep saying "a vocational expert or competent medical doctor concerning the veteran’s ability to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation" is needed. I don't see this in 38 CFR or M21-1. 

What proof do you have?

Proof of what? I don't know what you are asking!

What are you trying to get TDIU?

Yes, I am trying to get TDIU. I have been trying for over ten years now. I have been on SSDI for thirteen years based on my SC disabilities. The VA keeps saying their is nothing wrong with me. 

12 minutes ago, kanewnut said:

What bothers me is people keep saying "a vocational expert or competent medical doctor concerning the veteran’s ability to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation" is needed. I don't see this in 38 CFR or M21-1. 

Proof of what? I don't know what you are asking!

Yes, I am trying to get TDIU. I have been trying for over ten years now. I have been on SSDI for thirteen years based on my SC disabilities. The VA keeps saying their is nothing wrong with me. 

Have you considered getting evaluated by VR Chaptor 31? If you are truly IU then they will deny you into Voc Rehab. In return get that in writing.

I went by the Winston-Salem VA to check into Voc Rehab. I tried to explain to the young lady what I was looking for. She went and talked to someone and came back and told me they were there to help veterans with at least 10% disability retrain. So I was uncertain if I need to sign up for this to get to the point of getting something in writing that I am IU.