VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

Hi guys,  my husband is in the hospital with blood clots in lungs.  He had this in 09 and I was new and did know what to do, so we missed filling..  and for when he was in hospital for for his replacement of arotic valve.  He went in yesterday morning.  They have not discovered where they came from.   Same as last time.   They did not come from his legs or feet. Hope they can figure it out this time.  He will probably be going on permanent blood thinner.  What is my nex move here? Advice appreciated ahead of time.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Are you thinking of appying for an increase?  If so, go ahead.  A hospital stay often "red flags" an increase.  

For you, you need to make sure his DIC is in order.  For example, has he been SC for 10 years?  If he has been 100 percent for 10 years, then you should get DIC.  Or, if he has not been SC for 10 years, he needs to die from a service connected condition for you to get DIC.  

He is doing pretty good.  When he went in yesterday morning, his oxygen level was 80.  They put him in icu and this morning the got him to 97-98 now.  The did the leq ultra sound and did not come from there.  They did echo today.  We will see what this shows.  His glucose was running like 250 for about a week.   They did say he would have to stay on blood thinner.   Would that be considered on going therapy.  We just had a claim they did  an increase on the diabetes...  Had filed at the same time for renal failure.   And bva wants him to file for tdiu.  They still have not paid the not paid retro pay for the increase.  That closed May 30.  They remand the renal failure and tdiu back to ro which is st. Pete, but they have Cheyenne Wyoming. Working it.  Have not heard anything from them yet.    We have American legion lawyers working on the diabetes retro effective date.  Should I just call them?