VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU spouse benefits question

Rate this question

CaptainJack

Question

Hello everyone,

Found out Thursday, thru a large deposit in my checking account, that my application for IU had been granted.

Information on health benefits for my wife seem to be all over the place on the web, so I thought I'd ask here. If I have gone from 80% permanent rating to IU 100%, does my wife now qualify for health care under Champva(or Tricare)? Any input appreciated.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, broncovet said:

To get an id card:

1.  Take your birth certificate, DD214, and drivers license, along with a printed out letter from ebenefits that says you are p and T (or your decision letter).

2.  With all these things (probably your wife, too, along with her proof, above) go to the id place on post.  On my post, get ready to wait 2 hours, but yours may be different.  

Your wife can get a card also, if you jump through these hoops, so she can buy your stuff on base without you.  

For your wife, you wont need a dd214, just a birth certificate, drivers license, and possibly a social security card.  

If you want ID Cards for you and your spouse take all the documents broncovet mention and be-sure to take your marriage certificate/License  too!

before going, you may want to call ahead the Post you use for the ID's and make an appointment time  this saves the waiting broncovet mention.

The ID Cards can be used at any military installation !  yours will be indefinite and your spouse I think needs renewed every 3 /5 years.

Edited by Buck52

I would humbly suggest, if you have been helped by hadit, to remember Tbird with a generous donation.  Hosting this site is not free, and we are all volunteers.  Nobody gets paid here, including Tbird.  She often has to take money from her own pocket to keep this site going.  The software, hardware, internet connections, server, etc, are all "not free", and all have to be maintained and replaced, eventually.    Freedom isnt free either.  

If you don't mind me chiming in, I just got my husband an ID card. You will also need your original marriage certificate. They will not take any copied material as I learned the hard way and had to come back on a later date. Once you receive the ID, you will have to apply for Champva for her and your children If you have any. I applied for my 4 kids and  my husband. One of my kids is 18 and in college, so he also qualified as a student.