VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Roll call to all o Labor Day weekend

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I hope everyone has been doing alright wanted to say hi to all and hope everyone had a safe hot summer...

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Michigander

hope your doing ok??

I don't won't or Intend to hi-jack this thread   but I have a Question I need to Ask Michigander  about MH

Do you still go to the CPT Sessions the therapy with the work/sheets   (home work

) I am in my 4th session  just last week wrote my Impact statement letter.

scored severe PTSD.....on all those PQH 9's and other type testing or maybe thats just a way for them to find my stresso'rs? and my cause of Anxiety depression  ect,,ect,,, which to me don't take a Rocket Scientist

Anyway I don't really see a change and matter fact I don't see it helping me  other than has me more confused than I was before the sessions.

I don't think they care if I disagree  they just keep on like I never said anything  but they do read my work sheets   with those questions they ask..and I'm not sure I can make 12 weeks of it??

Anyway if you opt out of this type therapy (CPT) what type therapy did they put you back into? and did you keep the same therapist?

Thanks

@Buck52Opting out of CPT - only alternative is peer groups. 

4 visits is not enough to see a difference - the cirriculum is online and you can see what each segment deals with ... one section builds off the other section. 

CPT therapy is the best one on one therapeutic tool you can use. 

I also did  Exposure therapy where you talk out the issues around the trauma - Pretty powerful stuff. 

Peer support groups would not be as beneficial untl after you recognize the stuck points ( which you did day one) and work on the impact statement and the surrounding issues. 

I did the 14 weeks - it helped immensely 

Edited by L
clarity