VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval... Again

Rate this question

ArmySgt2014

Question

First an foremost, thank you for your time. I know there are a lot of Vets that are in the same boat and are far more worse for wear than me. Below is the time line-

NOV-17 - Filed

DEC-17-APR-18- Gather Evidence/CP Exam

MAY-18- Preparation for Decision

MAY-18- Pending decision approval

June-18 Preparation for Decision

June-18 Gathering Evidence (C&P scheduled for Physician Review)

July-18 Gathering Evidence

August-18 Preparation for Decision

August- Now Pending Decision Approval

Some I'm rated at 20% currently and have filed claims for other things that I have been treated for by the VA since 2014 (just never claimed until now). Every time I call the VA, not a single person can repeat the same answer. I could call 10 time tomorrow, and get 10 different responses. Which, is fine with me. If I don't heckle them, who will. My only issues is what would be the reason for kicking it back so many time. I get there may be discrepancies but c'mon. Idk, maybe it will all pan out eventually. 

The other thing that confused me was, when I asked to reinstate my 20% benefit after coming off of my T-10 orders, Peggy told me to file a claim for Resumption of Compensation. Well, that was started in Jan-18 and Closed in June-18. When I called an asked because nothing came of it, Peggy told me that they just rolled that one over to my Compensation claim I currently had. #**Y@ SERIOUSLY?  My VSO is worthless. I have done everything thus far on my own. I just wanted to know if there was someone that had similar issues and how long it took. 

V/R 

ArmySgt

Update 10/11/18

Just an update, back pay was received yesterday. I called the VA and asked about the previously rated conditions and why they disappeared, the guy on the phone put me on hold, he came back after about five minutes and said, "Man, this is going to sound crazy but my supervisor said that I can't do anything until you receive your envelope. It doesn't make sense because I could just send up a request right now to have it fixed but that what my boss said," really? Anyways, once I get the BBE, I will have to call back to have them correct it. Thank everyone who posted and thanks GeekySquid. 

Congratulations on your (back pay).  Yea, that is crazy, because they guy on the phone should know what the envelope says.  However, perhaps one claim was denied, and they did not want to tell you that.  

On 9/5/2018 at 7:32 PM, Oceanbound said:

VA doesn't move like Dominoes.  Even Dominoes had to stop marketing "30 minutes or its free" because my neighbor was the one that got ran over back in the day.

I say they do move like dominoes with missing spots to xxxx the stack up and by the third restack finally have the complete stack 

On 10/5/2018 at 11:50 AM, ArmySgt2014 said:

Hopefully they sort your stuff out soon.

This morning it changed on Ebenefits from pending notification to pending decision approval. I give up trying to understand the VA.

I am hopeful that congress offers me the position but still no word. 

Did you have a large backpay amount? I am wondering if it went from Pending Notification to Pending Decision Approval because is needed a second signature for more than $25K in backpay.

1 hour ago, ParadigmGuy said:

I am wondering if it went from Pending Notification to Pending Decision Approval because is needed a second signature for more than $25K in backpay.

misread the thread and thought you were addressing me ParadigmGuy. I have a similar situation in another thread. my bad.

Edited by GeekySquid