VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I GOT APPROVAL FOR RETRO BACK TO 2006

Rate this topic

lamontino

I am a 100% disabled veteran, At first I was super excited to find out I am getting retro pay for back benefits to 2006. But that was over 2 months ago. I been waiting and waiting and calling to ask them wheres my back pay. They first told me "one month" than I call again. The guy started reading a script of basically "we are malingering on paying you" type crap. I was wondering if there is any number I can call besides that 800-827-1000 number to inquire about my status. I don't know why its taken so long when there is specific information telling them from the judge that VA owes. 

There was a remanded to see if I was eligible for IU (I get it now since 2014 im actually 90% with 10 of that been IU). I been on SS since 2004. Can Someone help me out? Thank you

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your win!!!!!!!!

Here is what I recommend:

1.  Make sure your banking information, including your address and phone, is correct.  At least one Vet was "hacked" and his VA compensation was sent to hackers instead.  I have not heard if he recovered it, yet.  Be careful with your ebenefits or vets.gov passwords.  They should never be "password".  

2.  Send an IRIS email, inquiring as to when it will happen.  Stir the pot a bit.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  

3.  Call the white house hotline, if these 2 fail.  

Did you get a VARO decision?  You wont get your benefits (money!) until you get that.  Many people think they will get it with a board decision..the VARO still has  to "implement" it.  

Thank you for your response. I haven't gotten that letter either, yet. My Local VA office claims to be the fastest state in processing claims (Lincoln Nebraska). I even called  my DAV service advisor, now he out of the office until the Sept 17, 2018. I will send ole iris an email. What is the white house hotline?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on your win!

Per your request, here is the White House VA hotline: 855-948-2311

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=3980

Thank you all, Its been a long battle without war....to get benefits lawfully owed to me. I am hoping they don't put no tricks in the bag to having to have me do another appeal. Seems when I win two things they take something from me.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use