VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increases awarded, but claim back on "Review of Evidence." What's left to do?

Rate this question

FL_Army87

Question

Hi all,

I filed my first claim in 2016, and was awarded 30% for PTSD/Depression, 30% for migraines and 30% for a GI issue I have. Both my migraines and mental health have gotten worse since then, so I filed a claim for an increase for my migraines and PTSD a few months ago. I checked e-benefits today, and my migraines and PTSD have both been bumped up to 50%.

I'm very happy about this, because they've really hurt my ability to provide for myself and my wife. But what I'm confused about is that my claim went from "preparation for notification" yesterday (9/5/2018) to "review of evidence" today (9/6/2018). I've heard of that happening when certain parts of a claim have been deferred, but I was only claiming for an increase of PTSD and migraines, both of which were increased. No conditions are listed as deferred on ebenefits, either. It also shows that a decision was sent out. I called Peggy and they weren't of much help. The person I spoke with was very understanding, but could not give me any detail other than saying that I had been awarded those two increases and that they were reviewing evidence for another claim and that a packet would be mailed out explaining the situation. What else is there to review if both the conditions were already reviewed?

Edited by FL_Army87

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Shawn M said:

Hi

Any update I myself am experiencing the same thing except I have other claims not deferred so im confused.

I did receive an update. My increased for PTSD (30 to 50) and migraines (30 to 50) both went through, and between those and my other ratings I went from a combined 70 to a combined 80. The claim was kept open because they inferred TDIU and deferred the TDIU claim, and are awaiting my  21-8940. They also sent a second letter, which I received today, which contained a form to give to my previous employer. 

For some background, I did not make a claim for TDIU because at the time I filed for my increase I had a combined 70% but no conditions at 40% or greater, which is a criteria for TDIU. The VA did that on their own.