VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

JAG Lawyer

Rate this question

Dipper

Question

I heard somewhere, And I think it was on this site that if you need a "WILL" or need to have your "WILL" redacted, that a Jag lawyer could help you pro bono. Does anyone know if this is the case? And if so, does it apply to all veterans or veterans with a certain percentage.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I had my will drawn up by JAG at Ft. Hood, TX.  I'm sure if you contact the JAG office at the base closest to you, they will let you know if they will do a will for you.

You want an attorney who "specializes" in VA benefits, not a Jag lawyer who is unfamiliar with VEterans law.  

The Pro Bono Consortium is probably a better place to look.  

However, if you have a recent BVA denial, you dont need any of this...just contact a NOVA attorney who will likely represent you for EAJA fees and you pay nothing.  

I cant stress enough you need an EXPERIENCED Veterans law attorney.  You dont want one who is just experienced in Social Security, or another kind of law.  

NOVA attorneys (experenced in Veterans law):

https://www.vetadvocates.org/directory/widget_search?current_page=1&sort_type=featured&filter={"additional_info.show-profile-on-sustaining-membership-directory"%3A+"yes"}&asset_type=company_user&display_type=default

Hint:  Use a NOVA attorney from this list, most of these are certified to practice at the VA (CAVC, etc).  You need an attorney who will jump through the hoops to be certified, you dont want someone who does NOT have access to your VBMs file.