VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Case with veteran law judge

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

So about 2 years ago I was awarded 100% P&T for PTSD; however, the VA did the backpay to my last C&P exam. My lawyer feels the back pay should go back many years more than it did. When it shows as, 'Case with Veteran Law Judge,' how much longer do I have until I know if he grants be a better back date?

Docket Number Date? Were you granted a BVA Hearing Hardship Advancement? There is ALWAYS the possibility for an RO Remand.

Yes, there is the possibility of a remand.  Your case may bounce back from being with a law judge and back if he needs more information.  Hopefully your case will be decided soon.  Good luck.  I am just filed an NOD for the same thing.

Then there is also this, you have BVA Judges, then you have the BVA SR Judge that actually reviews the Jr BVA Judge, sort of a Judge Clerk  Lawyer that makes sure and all the Legal I an T's are taken care of. These BVA Hearing (Judge Rep) may or may not ask extensive questioning, or just a couple questions. Final SR BVA Judges Decision can take 10++ mos .

21 hours ago, Gastone said:

Then there is also this, you have BVA Judges, then you have the BVA SR Judge that actually reviews the Jr BVA Judge, sort of a Judge Clerk  Lawyer that makes sure and all the Legal I an T's are taken care of. These BVA Hearing (Judge Rep) may or may not ask extensive questioning, or just a couple questions. Final SR BVA Judges Decision can take 10++ mos .

10 Months just for a better back date... Wow... My lawyer must be smoking crack to think i'll the back pay this year then.

Your Lawyer may be a wizard, be right on the date, or just stroking you to keep you off the phone and his email. He gets his 20% of every month of RETRO, he has at least one other source of income, you're the one that needs the Payday, not him.

You report we'll decide!   Be sure your direct Bank Account is set up to Real-time TXT and Email you regarding ALL Financial Transactions. I started many years ago with the CU TXTs, got a 1:30 AM on a Saturday Txt, that a sizable Retro hit at 11:00pm Friday. Felt so GOOD!