VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD 70% TDIU P&T

Rate this question

photoman

Question

I'm absolutely terrified that at some point I'll lose my 70% TDIU P&T when I reach eligibility age for SSI. I know that each budget period the issue comes up to eliminate TDIU at retirement age to save money. Thusfar the Veterans Service organizations have protested and older Veterans, like me, approaching retirement age can breath a brief sigh of relief. I'm 60 years old now, and live in absolute fear and angst that in a few short years I'll literally end up homeless and destitute, my wife and college age child would lose benefits as well. I know no one has a crystal ball, but I am becoming more obsessed with contacting my service officer with the American Legion and submitting a claim for 100% P&T and looking into filing for Schedular. I've been 70% TDIU P&T since 2006. What is the likelihood that TDIU for senior Veterans will be on the chopping block. What should I do to protect my benefits. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom. 

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Also to add  if your award letter states that your S.C. Disability is of chronic in nature and not expected to improve in your life time and no future exams scheduled (dairy dates included) the Unemployable Questioner  21 -410-1 is no longer a requirement. 

check your C-FILE on dairy dates  if the date they show you scheduled and the disability has shown no improvement before this date  then no future exams will be scheduled  hence no reason to send in the 21-4140

usually 5 to 7 years out for a dairy date to show up.

Please Note: each veterans claims are different and they are rated different,  this is what it says in my C-FILE  so I caution Veterans to check this very carefully.....just because its this way in my C-File  don't necessarily mean it's what is in your C-File.

so check YOUR C-file closely.

if your unsure?  then always send in the 21-4140 on your Anniversary date of your IU Award or within 30 days or so  of it.

Edited by Buck52

I am very aware of the issue that you are speaking of.  Yes it was brought up by Obama and Trump to cut IU for veterans' reaching retirement age.  The vets organizations have screamed bloody murder.  I think the worst that may happen is that veterans already getting this benefits would be grandfathered as they did with the new military retirement benefits.  If it happens either way I think that we need to meet on the congressional rotunda and protest.