VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ED and anxiety medications

Rate this question

vetquest

Question

I am now 100% P&T with SMC S.  I was thinking about filing a claim for ED due to the medications I take.  I have had this problem noted first in 1995 in my VA records and now am fully ED.  I filed in 1998 and was denied right off the top.  Anyone else filed for this?  What was the outcome?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need a E.D. Diagnoses and a Dr to nexus the Meds to your now fully E.D.  they probably won't go back to 1998 when you first filed for it  b/c you didn't have E.D. back then  Unless you did have a diagnose for it back then and taking the Blue Pill or the injections?

then they may go back to that date  but if you was recently diagnose from a qualified Dr (urologist) they will probably go from that date as for as EED. 

If they award the E.D. They will Service Connect it as secondary claim but rate it at 0% but will be paid about 105.** in addition to your other .S.C. Disability's

Although there is no specific disability rating for erectile dysfunction. Instead, the VA rates the condition under 38 C.F.R. § 4.115b. 

Edited by Buck52

I just got approved for ED and all it took was an IMO and IME from a doctor. They will probably want another opinion from a psychiatrist or as Buck said a urologist. I am not on any medication but I have talked to my psychiatrist about this in the past. 

Thanks guys.  They will not rate it to the date it was reported as they did not get serious about it.  I am thinking about getting a letter from my doctor and taking my chances at a C&P.