VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Won my CUE Claim for Skin Condition

Rate this topic

JustGettingStarted

@JustGettingStarted

If you don't mind me asking, your eczema does it cover most of your body? I ask because I also have eczema but only covers part of my body, but I do use a immunosuppressants which was prescribed by my dermatologist on a regular basis. I was originally rated at 10% and now after reading about your CUE I wonder if I need to submit a claim for an increase. I was only prescribed the a year ago so my case is different than yours. Thanks

Some of JustGettingStarted past posts  might help others:

This was a very strong CUE claim.

When we are Right we  must NEVER give Up! 

On 10/31/2018 at 9:13 PM, paulstrgn said:

@JustGettingStarted

If you don't mind me asking, your eczema does it cover most of your body? I ask because I also have eczema but only covers part of my body, but I do use a immunosuppressants which was prescribed by my dermatologist on a regular basis. I was originally rated at 10% and now after reading about your CUE I wonder if I need to submit a claim for an increase. I was only prescribed the a year ago so my case is different than yours. Thanks

Hi Paulstrgn,

No, my condition covers less than 5% of my body.  The key is that the immunosuppressant has to be oral or injected, not a topical cream that you rub on your skin.  It doesn't matter if it is controlling your condition, as long as you are on the oral/intravenous medication, you qualify for the 60% rating.

• 8 months later...
On 10/31/2018 at 10:13 PM, paulstrgn said:

@JustGettingStarted

My skin disease covers very little of my body, but it is extremely painful if not kept under control.  I take oral medication to suppress it. If you have eczema and you are taking immunosuppressants, then you should be rated at 60%.  File for an increase.  Sorry it has taken so long for me to respond.  The hurricane damage to my house was much more extensive than we realized at first.  It has taken us 8 months of hard work to get back to nearly normal.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use