VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hadit.com - Podcast

Rate this question

Shady Grady

Question

Thanks to the gentlemen that put together (ladies too if they're behind the scenes) the podcast. 

I enjoy listening and find myself talking to the laptop while the forum that is broadcasting tries to deceiver each others words. 

I hope the host gets past his cough and is not in any pain. 

I will say, tonight we heard a lot of feedback/background noise and it sounded like someone was opening and closing lots of cabinets.  😎However, I know your time is valuable and wanted to say thanks for dedicating your spare time to helping us out here.

Take care!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Podcast show on date  9-13-18

I understand what you mean, when I get on my lap top and listen to the show , I go into a quite room and plug in my ear phones  other wise I can't hear them,  just out of the lap top speaker.

I have a hard time hearing Dr Bash  his voice is just to light...I do wish they all would speak up or some what louder   not only for me  but I would think that 60% of veteran do have some type of hearing impairment and if they are listing to the show  the information they give out is crucial to helping them win their claims  so we need to hear what is being said.

I wish I could hear well enough to call in

I wanted to ask that Mr Bill Creager  about Veterans that have had their MOS change while in a combat zone...and were injured , but when they file their claim  the VA denies because they say the MOS was not on the DD 214  Just their original MOS....B/C some veterans in a combat zone has what is called a Temporary MOS and it was never recorded on to the DD 214..in other words without a document showing MOS was change  this puts a damper on the veterans claim..how would he prove his MOS was Temporary? as I refer to Vietnam Veterans.

Bill Creager, Jerald Cook , John Basser Alex Graham??

• HadIt.com Elder

Also IF I heard Bill Creager correctly?

he mention on the hadit show last night 9/13/18 to jerel that veterans can use the DBQ and get any Dr to fill it out and they are suppose to use it?

I had understood we need to get a Dr to fill it out in the expertise of what your disability/condition is.?

But According to Bill  it can be Any Dr   that can fill out the DBQ.  IF I HERD HIM CORRECTLY SAY THAT???

For those that don't know Bill he is a retired senior Rater.

On 9/14/2018 at 4:16 AM, Buck52 said:

..B/C some veterans in a combat zone has what is called a Temporary MOS and it was never recorded on to the DD 214..in other words without a document showing MOS was change  this puts a damper on the veterans claim..how would he prove his MOS was Temporary? as I refer to Vietnam Veterans.

Bill Creager, Jerald Cook , John Basser Alex Graham??

Good point, Buck. I had a secondary AFSC of 20350 for Interpreter (French) and it never showed up on my 214. Fortunately, my shot record had a stamp from the US Embassy in Vientiane Laos. That was my saving grace for proving where I was. 3 combat Vs sort of explain what I was doing, too.  

Looking forward to the show tonight. I'll try not to cough or open and close my cabinets. And, since I don't use the phrase "Ya know", we're safe on that one, too.

3 hours ago, asknod said:

Good point, Buck. I had a secondary AFSC of 20350 for Interpreter (French) and it never showed up on my 214. Fortunately, my shot record had a stamp from the US Embassy in Vientiane Laos. That was my saving grace for proving where I was. 3 combat Vs sort of explain what I was doing, too.  

Looking forward to the show tonight. I'll try not to cough or open and close my cabinets. And, since I don't use the phrase "Ya know", we're safe on that one, too.

Mr. ASKNOD - great info tonight. 

I thank John, Jerrell but mostly Theresa for this wonderful soapbox to talk from, sir. It's an awesome responsibility to represent a Vet. You put everything on the line for them. Nothing gives me more pleasure than shoving the judicial knife in hard to these chuckleheads. I call it ponydogging us. It's a dog and pony show and that's what they do. I just cut through all that ponydogging to the win. No reason to prolong the process.

• HadIt.com Elder

yeah I had in country travel orders leaving base camp to do some recovery work and in the orders had what my responsibility was and what I was ordered to do. they used that as part of my changed MOS or TEMP MOS.

ORDERS BY THE COMMANDING OFFICER AND STAFF SARGENT. NAME RAKE AND LOCATIONS  WITH MY NAME RAKE AND SERVICE #

The iconic way I had these orders was after I got home and emptied my duff-bag  there were some papers all folded up and in a mess, I separated all these papers and found these travel orders...and just filed them away  and when I did my claim   I used them as to prove  my and evidence to my changed TEMP MOS,